Review by Akpome1 -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Akpome1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akpome1.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Review by Akpome1 -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by Akpome1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Randy Love at your Service by Shay Carter

If you like to learn from every situation, Randy Love at your Service by Shay Carter is the best book for you to read. From beginning to end, Shay Carter presents characters that teach very meaningful lessons.

Randy Love at your Service was written by Shay Carter in 2016. It was published by S. Goodier. It has 262 pages.

The book is about a young school leaver who was ready to do any job that comes his way. Not long after leaving school, he knew of a job and immediately went to be interviewed for it. Lucky Randy! After the interview, Shelley had no other option than giving him the job. To Shelley, Randy “had personality; a trait that was seriously lacking among the latest batch of school leavers” (p20). At the appointed time, Randy reported for the work he was assigned and started working as directed.

Randy is such a person that is loved by women. Almost immediately after starting the work that he was given, a woman fell in love with him. Randy did not like the idea but the woman kept on going after him. To avoid this, he left the job. Not quite long after leaving the job, he got another job. Here again, another lady fell in love with him. He has to resign from this job once again because of another woman. Yes! Randy was always a lucky man. Once again, he almost immediately got another job.

This book has a lot of lessons to teach. Right from the first chapter to the last one, I kept learning as I read along. Was John, Randy’s father, not a careful wise man, Randy’s dog would have brought a heavy quarrel between them and Edna (pp12-14).

If you have a friend who loves nothing more than to torment your children, what will you do? At this point, John had no alternative to coming to his son’s aid (p25).

Chapter 14 has a lot of lessons for employers. If an employer pays his employees well and takes good care of them, they will stay with him and work well for him. If not, like Randy, they will consider a resignation.
One day, Randy went to withdraw some money from his account. He was not careful enough. A man got his card number and withdrew a huge amount from Randy’s account. Randy was mad! He never knew what to do. His friends came to his aid in vain. That money was gone forever! Carefulness is the watchword here. One must be careful in all that he does.

What I like so much about this book is the fact that it has a lot of lessons to teach. The author’s imaginative acumen is very high. All of the characters are credible. His presentation is superb.

I only noted a few errors in the book. That notwithstanding, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because the author did a very good job. Though the book has many lessons to teach everyone, it is very suitable for all school leavers.

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Akpome1's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”