Review by Zeix -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zeix
Favorite Book: Man Mission
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeix.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Review by Zeix -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Zeix »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have always wanted to know what happens inside men's thoughts, and basically when I saw the title of the novel I knew I had to read this book. As a woman who sees men in a different point of view I needed to know how they feel about everything, and who better to tell us than a man who writes about men's journey in their life.

Man mission is a fictional novel about real life situations which a normal man faces in his life. Eytan Uliel has done a great job in showing us men's life
through Mark the narrator. We see Mark is living his normal life in that he goes to university and graduates. He has a good job which afterward he leaves for a better paying job, simply because he has more responsibilities. Mark has three best friends with whom he plans for an adventurous journey throughout the world to live their dreams. They name the journey Man Mission which actually takes fifteen years before ending. They travel to different places and countries each year. They do all kinds of sport activities including kayaking, hiking and also boat riding. With every journey they experience new things, learn new lessons and meet with different kinds of people. The journey becomes something sacred to them which they look forward to every coming year.

Reading this book at the beginning I didn't think that it would be that interesting. But as I continued I saw that it was worth the time. The author made sure that the book takes you through different experiences and all kinds of places at the same time. Thanks to his elaborate explanations. I for sure was determined to know where the author would be taking us next in the Man mission journey. With every journey he brought out new things which we didn't know about the country. He also made sure that we knew what really happens in the real life of the four friends, showing us that they also had challenges like divorce or even death.

Not only was the novel adventurous but also all the characters where developed and dynamic. The author did a great job in showing us the interactions and conflicts between the characters and sometimes within themselves. In one part, Mark cheated on his wife Rachel which had huge consequences in it. In another part we also see Alec, Mark's best friend is also facing financial problems in his life. Also some of the secondary characters seemed flat but they had great impacts in the story.

I feel like the author did a great job in explaining some of the terms which where used in the journey among the different countries, which did help in understanding of the scenery.

Overall I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The dynamic characters and suspenseful plots together with the great grammatical flow makes it all convenient to read. I recommend this book to all who love adventure, learning new lessons or even those who would want to know what men really think of life and everything about it.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like Zeix's review? Post a comment saying so!

Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 45
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 86
2018 Reading Goal: 40
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 127
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 364
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years; not golden but interesting by Arthur Hartz
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

I'm glad the author developed the characters so well. It always makes the book that much more enjoyable.
I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss

juliusotieno02
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 200
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotieno02.html
Latest Review: Read My Mind by Stephen McLeod

Post by juliusotieno02 »

This looks like a great adventure fiction story. As a fan of adventure, i'll definitely want to read it. I'm also a man and would like to do a fact-check to see if the information they fed you about the life of a man is true. Thanks for the great review.
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.

Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by Wyland »

A great way to learn how the other side of the species thinks. Great review!

Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

I don't think women will be able to learn how men think by reading a book just like they will be unable to do the reverse. But, it's fun to try. Let's see how this will pan out. So, thanks a lot for your awesome review.

briellejee
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 15
2018 Reading Goal: 120
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
2017 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by briellejee »

At first glance, I think I wouldn't have found this interesting. Glad that it exceeded your expectations. I liked that the characters are well-written. Thanks for this enlightening review! :tiphat:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"

Zeix

Post by Zeix »

Bianka Walter wrote:
24 May 2019, 04:02
I'm glad the author developed the characters so well. It always makes the book that much more enjoyable.
I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!
Yah he really did :D

Zeix

Post by Zeix »

juliusotieno02 wrote:
25 May 2019, 21:01
This looks like a great adventure fiction story. As a fan of adventure, i'll definitely want to read it. I'm also a man and would like to do a fact-check to see if the information they fed you about the life of a man is true. Thanks for the great review.
Lol I agree with you probably should read it and see if its true

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”