Review by Sitawa -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Sitawa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sitawa.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Sitawa -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Sitawa » 01 May 2019, 09:52

[Following is a volunteer review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you want a book that will keep you turning pages till the end Adrift by Charlie Sheldon is one that will make you do just that. This fiction novel explores the lives and experiences of a number of people through their own perspectives. This book is interesting, captivating, enticing and suitable for new as well as experienced readers.

Adrift as per the dictionary means without direction, assistance or dedication. Simply something that is unclear and is as it is without a goal in mind; floating. This is delved into widely in the book, both literally and figuratively. Some events take place in the sea when one ship catches fire consequently leading to its occupants’ need to abandon it. This eventually leads them adrift in the sea. Additionally, characters in the book both safely on land and those unfortunately stuck at sea, their lives are without clear direction. This is seen effectively as incidents unfold and narrated from the individuals eyes. Each narrator’s point of view as seen well in each chapter, helps the reader know exactly how each person feels about their own lives and understand well how adrift they are. The novel delivers as per its title because all as we read the book till the very end, we see this.

Through this book a reader is able to understand how indecisiveness can cause harm to one’s life. We are also able to see how a little bit of hope can carry an individual through ghastly and awful situations. In addition, as a society, we can learn that sometimes not everything we see is as it is and at times what we consider impossible may just be within reach . The font used is suitable for easy reading and editing has been done outstandingly well. The book cover shows us the abandoned ship amidst the raging sea which has smoke blowing out from it while the title written in black has been underlined using an arrow and a twig beneath. This presentation gives as some insight into how rough the prevailing conditions were.

I loved reading the book through the various perspectives and experiencing the same occurrence through different eyes. This helped me see how a specific situation can be viewed distinctly by different people and we can see how unique and special those diverse points of view are. I also enjoyed seeing how each character dealt with their situation and engaging in this through their own words helped me interpret their particular experiences in ways that were more accepting and less judgmental.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Charlie Sheldon portrays an impeccable scene throughout the whole book giving thorough details in each distinct environment. The book is stimulating, fascinating and it is one I will surely read again in the near future.

Adrift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sitawa's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”