Review by Wambui-nj -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Wambui-nj
Currently Reading: We Should All Be Feminists
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wambui-nj.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review by Wambui-nj -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Wambui-nj » 29 Apr 2019, 01:35

[Following is a volunteer review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Seattle Express bound for Seattle catches fire in the Gulf of Alaska setting the pace for several events in the book. Steve Procida, the captain and his crew tried unsuccessfully to contain and stop the fire and eventually abandoned the ship by escaping by two life boats. One boat carrying William and Ann goes missing. Larry and Louise gathers a crew into their old but reliable ship Warhorse to go rescue the burning vessel driven by the desire of getting finances to rescue their failing family business. On the other side, Buckhorn Corporation, the owners of Seattle Express heads out to the sea to salvage their burning vessel. When William’s lifeboat went missing for several days, his daughter, Myra, and friends Tom, Sarah and Sergei head out to try and rescue him.

In the Adrift, Charlie Sheldon uses his great experience as a sailor to portray the life and intrigues of sea world. He gives details about ships and sea to help someone without prior knowledge about marines understand and follow the story. He points out the dangers faced by sailors in deep sea waters as they go on with their business. He takes us in an interesting journey of life in sea vessels and mariners in a beautiful narration.

His writing and narration skills are exceptional. The plot flows from one character to the other, each adding a different perspective to the story. Charlie portrays both the characters marine lives as well as their normal daily lives making it very interesting. You are easily drawn to the suspense in the book as you move from one scene to the next.

What I liked most in the Adrift is the adventures that the plot takes from one character to the next. It keeps one hooked and curious to know what happens next. My favorite part is when William is found well and alive. I wouldn’t say there is something I dislike about the book although if you are not familiar with sea and ship terminologies, the book might be overwhelming. I found myself a bit lost trying to understand and follow the details.

I would recommend the book especially to the sea and ships lovers. Overall, it’s a good read if you enjoy suspense and adventurous books. The book was professionally edited without spelling or grammar errors and for this reason I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Adrift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Wambui-nj's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”