Review by Karina Nowak -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Karina Nowak
2019 Reading Goal: 16
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: of zots and xoodles
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karina-nowak.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Review by Karina Nowak -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Karina Nowak »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel takes the reader along for the ride as four best friends embark on an annual ‘manly’ excursion travelling around the world, eating exotic foods and attempting physically daunting recreational activities.

From cycling at maniac speeds down mountain roads to white water rafting on dangerous, whirling rapids, these four friends find the calm from the storm of their lives in the thrill of the next great expedition. However pristine waters and nature’s wonders are just the backdrop to what they learn about themselves along the way and the realisation of what it really means to be a man.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was a joy to read. Through their humour and banter you'll feel like one of the boys, as the four men constantly tease one another but still have each other’s backs when it really matters. When the characters moved from feeling connected and understanding their purpose to reaching a place of anxiety and doubt about life, it doesn’t feel forced.

This book will make you reflect on your own life. It also allows one to glimpse the anxiety and fear that slowly gnaws at seemingly successful people because they’re terrified of losing what they have, hampered by their own perceived incapabilities. In society today the fear of failure is too real and incredibly debilitating. The fact also still remains, that the majority of men have it worse in this aspect as the burden of taking care of others financially is still often left to be solely their responsibility.

This book speaks to the frustration of being unfulfilled, and not being able to express your emotions because of fear of rejection and being misunderstood. So many people are leading albeit normal lives that society expects of them but suffer daily with the torturous, suffocating weight of being trapped by a choice they felt they had to live up to.

Even when his characters hit rock bottom due to their own devices I empathised with them because the author allowed you to ride the course with them. Eytan Uliel truly made you believe that his characters are only human and have the best intentions.

I enjoyed this book very much and although it reads like a memoir and had a few minor spelling errors, I would recommend that anyone can read this as it digs deep into understanding how important the ‘why’ behind what we do is. I hope everyone who reads it can take something away from it, as it is filled with titbits of wisdom, humour and references to breathtaking landscapes.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like Karina Nowak's review? Post a comment saying so!

allbooked+
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 57
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: "Dog" by Cal Stevens

Post by allbooked+ »

This sounds like an interesting read, I would also like to recommend it for my husband. Thank you for the nice review!
Latest Review: "Dog" by Cal Stevens

Karina Nowak
2019 Reading Goal: 16
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: of zots and xoodles
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karina-nowak.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Karina Nowak »

allbooked+ wrote:
07 May 2019, 18:26
This sounds like an interesting read, I would also like to recommend it for my husband. Thank you for the nice review!
You're welcome! There is a lot about it that speaks to everyone so I'm sure you'll like it too.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”