Review by dariosaguciojr -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
dariosaguciojr
Favorite Book: Gringo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dariosaguciojr.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Review by dariosaguciojr -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by dariosaguciojr » 07 Apr 2019, 06:22

[Following is a volunteer review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Adrift is a fictional novel written by Charlie Sheldon. A graduate of Yale University and University of Massachusetts with Master’s degree in Wildlife Biology and Resource Management, Charlie Sheldon used his knowledge and experience to tell us the story of an abandoned ship. A seaman himself, Charlie takes the readers to a life of survival.

Steve, captain of Seattle Express, woke up with fire engulfing the whole ship. Realized the impending disaster, he was forced to abandon his ship along with his crew. Steve and his crew boarded the two lifeboats and drifted in the open sea and in a bad weather with hope that rescue would find them soon. A company in a nearby port heard the radio call and decided to go to the Seattle Express, tow the ship to the port, and make some money out of it. However, the events didn’t go according to what they wanted. With the Seattle Express crew still on the sea and the circumstances of the crew towing the ship has gone through, Charlie Sheldon takes its reader into a world of survival.

This book is definitely a great book, one that is worth having in a collection. Once you start reading chapter one, you won’t be able to stop going through the pages. Each chapter is full of life there isn’t a single dull moment in it. Each chapter tells the story of different characters in the book which gives the reader an insight to each individual’s personality. Every chapter portrays different characters yet it doesn’t pull away from the main story. The characters have different story to tell yet they all point and connect to one story which is the Seattle Express. The book in its entirety is great but the one I really liked is Travis. He portrays the life of youth today. His being impulsive and regretting the decision later is what most do today which is why I can relate to his story.

This book tells us the characters of different personality especially during dire times. The situation of the crew of Seattle Express shows the differences of individuals. When the situation gets tough some find ways to make things better while others loose hope and just give. This book teaches us a lesson that being negative will get you nowhere but being optimistic will at least give you strength to move forward. This book will hook you up that I wasn’t able to find something I don’t like. Every chapter is great that going through them is never a waste of time.

Overall this book was a master piece. A must read from the very first chapter to the very last. It was well written that I am going to give it 4 stars out of 4. This book deserves this rating because every chapter was professionally written that I haven’t encounter any typographical error and the story was great. I would recommend this book to teenagers, young adult, and adults. I am sure that they would find it interesting and fascinating.

Adrift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dariosaguciojr's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”