Official Review: The Universe I Am by T.D. Bennett

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CataclysmicKnight
Favorite Book: Ready Player One
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1693
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cataclysmicknight.html
Latest Review: Simple Man Simple Message by Mark Dobosz

Official Review: The Universe I Am by T.D. Bennett

Post by CataclysmicKnight »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Universe I Am" by T.D. Bennett.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Universe I Am by T.D. Bennett is a book that covers numerous topics based around the laws of magnetism, vibration, and attraction. For those not familiar, these three laws are rather similar, but they basically state that what we put out there is what we get. If we focus on positive things, we'll receive positivity from the universe. Focusing on being rich or healthy means that opportunities will come our way or that our bodies will simply work on itself to become healthy, and so on.

Bennett begins by going into detail about another topic I'd heard about: how we share the same elements as the stars themselves. Bennett takes this further, pointing out that not only are we made of the same stuff as dying stars, everything on our planet depends on those same elements and the sun itself to survive. Furthermore, we're "all walking universes" of our own, with various systems and cells working together automated to let us continue functioning. This sets the stage for our connection with everything in the universe.

After this, the author discusses an exciting potential future that would alter life as we know it. Bennett explains that we go through numerous changes in life, from inside our mothers to infancy, childhood, and then adulthood. However, if we didn't stop growing at this point and instead went through another shift, we could extend our lifespan and become something else entirely!

Finally, Bennett once again discusses how all life is connected, such that if an insect became extinct, it could potentially change everything on the planet. She then spirals back to how the thoughts and feelings people have and focus on lead to finding more of the same, such as a person worried about bills having more and more money issues.

All of this fitting in a book less than 40 pages is rather remarkable. However, fitting all of these topics in such a short amount of pages means many of them don't get as much depth as they deserve. I still managed to learn a handful of new things and got a refresher course on many others. For example, the fact that our bodies are essentially remade every 7-10 years is rather incredible! Pointing out that, on a cellular level, basically nothing is actually 100% solid was a terrific way to link physics to the law of vibration and the importance of our thoughts.

The thing is, while this book was very inspirational for me, I have trouble recommending it for people who are new to the concept. I've read numerous books on this topic in the past, so it was much easier for me to follow along. It doesn't offer much in the way of specific advice to attune oneself and put the right vibes out into the universe, even if the inspiration to do so is there.

Also, there were a couple of things in the book that threw me off. For example, Bennett reference the fact that the "pre-dynastic Egyptians" had not 5 but 360(!!!) senses and "were capable of great feats of manifestation, alchemy, and trans-dimensional journeying. They had no need of a written or oral language or the confines of labels and lived resonantly with the rhythms of their natural environment and the cosmos." This may be a tough pill for many to swallow, especially with only a single URL reference.

But the toughest part of the book for me to read was this quote from the author: "If you believe and feel the world is flat...IT IS. It you believe the world is round….IT IS ROUND. Whatever you believe, IT IS." This is a bit of a paradox; people have varying thoughts and the world can't be both flat and round at the same time. Worse yet, if a person believed the world was flat and changed their mind, does the world shift when your belief changes?

With that said, I enjoyed the majority of the book, and the writing was very positive and inspirational. I found 10 errors including in the quote in the paragraph above ("If you believe" should be "If you believe"), subject/noun disagreements like "information we acquire are" and wording that's slightly off, like "an insect went instinct" when it should use "extinct". The number of errors knocks the book down to a 3-star rating at best. Compounded with the other issues I have, I'd rate The Universe I Am 2.5 stars if I could. Since I can't, my official rating is 2 out of 4 stars. I'd still recommend it for anyone who wants a brief reminder of the rules of vibration and attraction. I'm wary to recommend it to newbies to the theories, as the lack of depth may give people the impression that this is the deepest the laws get. With that said, it may still make for a useful starting point for those who don't want to read a longer book to begin with. Just keep in mind that it's only a small part of the journey.

The Universe I Am
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like CataclysmicKnight's review? Post a comment saying so!
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Modern Death
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Juliana_Isabella »

I like the out of the box thinking this book presents, but I can't agree that the shape of the earth changes with our opinions of it, only that our knowledge shapes our actions, which affect the world around us.
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Radiant3 »

Sounds like an unusual book with some interesting concepts.
Crazyreader01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazyreader01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Crazyreader01 »

I appreciate the originality, but I feel like there's a lot I would disagree with. Maybe not for me. Thanks for the honest review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I don't really agree with any of the author's concepts, so this is a book that I wouldn't pick up. I'm glad that you got a few interesting tidbits from it, but I don't think I would. Therefore, I'm passing. Thanks for the information, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This book definitely offers some unusual concepts, some that I agree with (your attitude can affect what happens to you) and some I don't agree with (the earth is both round and flat, depending on what you believe). I think I will pass on this one. Thanks for the review!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

His premise that we are all connected to the universe is nothing new. I have not heard the flat/round earth theory before, though! I appreciate your thoughtful recommendations. Thanks for your in-depth review.
shereads shereads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by shereads shereads »

This sounds like an interesting premise, although not one I would agree with from the way it’s described here. It sounds like this would not be the ideal book for an intro to the theories of vibration and attraction.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”