The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
raindropwriter
Favorite Author: Sophie Kinsella
Favorite Book: Twenties Girl
Currently Reading: Strugling for Justice
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raindropwriter.html
Latest Review: "A Happy Accident" by Evan Tyler
fav_author_id: 2960

Re: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Post by raindropwriter »

I have heard a lot about The fault in our stars.. Someday, maybe I'll gather courage to read it.. I get too involved in a book so much that it takes me a month or 2 or another amazing read to come out of the trance..
Latest Review: "A Happy Accident" by Evan Tyler
parrazgloria
Favorite Author: Rick Roiden
Favorite Book: Heros of Olympus Series
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parrazgloria.html

Post by parrazgloria »

The Fault in Our Stars, which is quite an amazing book. It is about a sixteen year old girl who has terminal cancer and she meets a boy at group therapy. They fall in love and just live life, well try to anyway.

The book is an emotional roller coaster through ups and downs. Through laughs and heartbreak. The book is one of my favorites and I also saw the movie.
caitlinisabella

Post by caitlinisabella »

Don't get me wrong, John Green is an amazing writer, bringing me to tears. But there seems to be a recurring theme throughout his books.

I have read The Fault In Our Stars, Paper Towns and Looking For Alaska. Each one was about a boy trying to change a girl. i also found Paper Towns quite predictable as there were no huge plot twists, except from the beginning. On the other hand Looking For Alaska is one of my favorite books and i found it very interesting.

The Fault In Our Stars was still an amazing book and i can't wait until the movie. My opinions may change if i read John Green's other books and i am willing too. I do hope that these books are different but if not i'd love to see a new book on a completely different subject, and im sure it would be written beautifully.
Evee_

Post by Evee_ »

The book is definitely better than the movie. The movie seemed a little rushed. But then again Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort did a great job as Hazel Grace and Gus.
mebowers
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mebowers.html

Post by mebowers »

As an English teacher, I always try to keep up with new and trending YA novels. Many of them I find to be similar to in theme and even a little boring. However, The Fault in our Stars was a different story. I was hesitant at first to read this book because I heard it was a "cancer" book. Going into it, I already thought I had the entire story figured out. Boy was I wrong! As the story continued, I couldn't help but fall in love with EVERY character--not only Augustus and Hazel--and their unique personalities. I loved how Hazel spoke so maturely for her age and situation and I loved how Augustus had an optimistic view on life throughout Hazel's health problems and ultimately his as well. I couldn't help hoping that An Imperial Affliction was a real novel so I could feel whta these two characters (people) felt and be motivated by the same thing they were motivated by. All in all, one of my favorite YA novels I have come in contact with.
BookWorm07
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm07.html
Latest Review: "The Voice of Thunder" by Raina Kadavil

Post by BookWorm07 »

The Fault is our Stars is one of those few books that found the perfect mix of Humor, Tragedy and Thought Provoking. I admired all the characters without exception, even Monica (Issac's Ex-Girlfriend). Also, I loved that John Green hadn't glorified death at any point in the book.
Latest Review: "The Voice of Thunder" by Raina Kadavil
JohnOrtegon23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-johnortegon23.html

Post by JohnOrtegon23 »

Great book from a great author. I picked it up and finished it in that sitting, just couldn't put it down. Great read
sfloura
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sfloura.html

Post by sfloura »

This was a great book. John Green does a great job of humanizing those that suffer from a serious illness without dumbing it down like some YA and children's authors.
Hannah3111999

Post by Hannah3111999 »

I love this book so much but it was so emotional the entire way through. It was so well written and i could read it a thousand times over
helenWall
Favorite Author: Jodi Picoult
Favorite Book: THE PACT
Currently Reading: SARAHS KEY
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helenwall.html
fav_author_id: 2678

Post by helenWall »

I read this book in 2 sittings, was well written and emotional
kerrigan31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kerrigan31.html

Post by kerrigan31 »

John Green is in his best form with The Fault In Our Stars. I had purchased this book in its premature days (before nearly everyone had read it). My only previous knowledge of the novel before reading it had come from skimming the back cover. Expecting a typical young adult romance novel, I put off reading it for a few months. Upon finding it resting on my bookshelf one dreadfully boring day I decided I should give it a chance. After all nothing negative could really come from the expansion of knowledge. I read it in two days flat. I have never been so wrong in the pre - assessment of a book. Instead of the teenage love story I so dreaded I found a quiet, yet profound meditation on death, loss, and our roles in each others lives told through Hazel ' s story. John Green ' s writing style delivers all of this in a beautiful and relatively short package. I highly recommend this novel.
michystar12
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michystar12.html

Post by michystar12 »

"The Fault In Our Stars" is such beautiful book that will grasp you completely. This is a story about a teenage girl fighting cancer, Hazel Lancaster. Hazel meets Augustus Waters at a center support group and instantly feel in love and start dating. To not spoil the book, I'll just tell you that "The Fault In our Stars" is a thrilling book. I recommend this book for everyone and you will live this book no matter what age
kstanley1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kstanley1.html

Post by kstanley1 »

I was completely against this book for a while, mostly because it was being so hyped up as a movie, but I saw it for sale at Target and grabbed it simply on a whim to see what everyone was raving about. Three hours, a box of tissues, and 316 pages later, I understood the hype. The incredible story grabs the reader and sucks them in, as they experience the highs and lows of Hazel's life and journey. It was completely worth the read and if I ever need a good cry, it'll definitely be picked up again.
FaryalS
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faryals.html

Post by FaryalS »

I enjoyed this book from the very first word till the last. The story remained floating in my mind for quite a long time. It was very well-written.
Amberbogumil
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberbogumil.html

Post by Amberbogumil »

I literally have posted about this about 5 times since I joined today omg thank you for making a forum about it :lol: It will be my favorite book for a very very long time and I like how when I watched the film it was laughable to every one as well as sad, And it definetly gets to your feelings. I think the book was better, and there were odd quotes and parts missed out in the film, but overall they are both great and they will forever live on as my faves :D

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”