Review by CLM1978 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christal Merkey
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 742
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christal-merkey.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic
2024 Reading Goal: 4
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Review by CLM1978 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Christal Merkey »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hello and welcome to my latest official review of the book Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon.

Charlie tells the story about a man who is planning a hiking trip with a few friends when, surprisingly, a thirteen year old girl shows up at his doorstep with his ex-wife. What little did he know was that she was his granddaughter. So, they hesitantly decide to bring her along. While they are on their adventure, Sarah, the granddaughter, learns a lot of things about her history. She learns about a great-great grandfather that had died and was buried on site, about the tribal people that lived around there long ago, and they had found a spear thrower from over 10,000 years ago. She had her own little adventure while she disappeared and they learned a lot from her, about the tribal people that rescued her and took her into their tribe.

The best part of the book was that the characters were very realistic and how the bear that was sketched had chosen to guide Sarah. I personally would have been scared out of my skin if I had been the one seeing it. The only thing I did not really care for was when Sarah started telling the story of her adventure because it confused me at first. At first, I thought Myra, the friend's daughter, was the one telling the story, but I had to look back some chapters to where that part of the story started to figure out that it was Sarah telling it. Once I got into it, I was able to read the story more smoothly.

This book is for you if you are interested in the Tribal people and if you like a little bit of ancestral history. I personally am an eclectic reader so I like all kinds of genres.

Although I only found one typo, the book still deserves a 4 out of 4 stars. Grammatically, Charlie did great writing this piece of work.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like CLM1978's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”