Review by Luna 24 -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Luna 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luna-24.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Review by Luna 24 -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by Luna 24 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Having no particular theme, this story revolves around a handsome young man who had an urge to work in an active environment and to stay in a very comfortable place for him. Born as the last child in his family with one elder brother and sister, Randy Love lost his mother at a young age. Randy’s father John had a constant fear about him for not completing his degree. And John’s friend Michael's smart and sarcastic comments about Randy does make sense for Randy’s know-it-all attitude. Despite being bought up in a wise family and having a good education he still lacks in some basic common sense. The story continues with Randy meeting new people while traveling from one place to another when the situation doesn’t suit him.
Shay Carter created Randy Love as an active free man who only settles when it is comfortable for him whether it is the place where he works or stays or the people who are around him. Randy is also a dumb person as his father John and his father’s best friend Michael predicted him to be. John’s jokes and Michael’s sarcasm made the story bright in some parts. Randy’s life is so dragging and so is the story throughout the end. There were many characters in the story but no one is able to make book interesting. The title ‘Randy Love at your service’ does seem to match the story at any point. It would have been better if I get to read about John and his wife Marjorie’s love and marriage life rather than random women’s flirting with Randy.
I think it will not suit the readers who want to feel connected with the story and those who wish to forget their real-world disappear in the story world. Because it’s more like hearing an unknown person’s story form your colleagues or neighbors where you don’t feel the attachment with what they say but simply hear.
The thing that I disliked the most is that I think this book is that it doesn’t seem to have any specific flow or clear idea to convey to the readers. I was waiting for the story to reach a point where it actually delivers something special to the reader but it never came. I felt like the actual story had never started. I don’t feel any connection with the story which usually happens with others. So I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars.

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Luna 24's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”