Official Review: Family Honor-III by T. O'Neil Charity

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-harebate.html
Latest Review: Family Honor-III by T. O'Neil Charity

Official Review: Family Honor-III by T. O'Neil Charity

Post by Rose Harebate »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Family Honor-III" by T. O'Neil Charity.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Written by T. O'Neil Charity, Family Honor-III is the third installation of Family Honor series. The book is about Chase st. John, an assassin who was working for "King Kole Konner." It all started when Chase was sent by the king to neutralize Blue Black. This landed him in prison, where he served seven years. Upon getting out of jail, Chase's ultimate goal was to eliminate Blue Black and seize his empire, Four Corners. If all went to plan, he would then go after the king for his betrayal. However, these two men were too powerful to be defeated. Fresh from prison, I wondered how Chase would handle it.

As time went on, Chase had more enemies than he had expected. These included Jasmine, Horace, a group of men called Syndicate and the police. These people were not just Chase's enemies. They went so far as to explode his Range Rover, to surround his penthouse with gunshots, etcetera. With all of these things happening, how would Chase survive? Since this book is part of a series, it ended with a cliffhanger. Categorized under other fiction, the book has a touch of romance. Chase's relationship with Tasha was supremely pleasant. Not to mention that of Multiple Homicide and his girlfriend, Monique.

The book was action-packed right from the start. For someone who likes fast-paced stories, this was a tremendous thrill. The evidence lays in the beginning pages, where Chase defended himself from those who were sent to attack him in jail. The events in the book were also vividly detailed. The gruesome sight of the story sent chills down my spine.For example, "His head shattered into a mist of pinkish red splatter, as gray matter, tissue and bone fragments spread across the floor."

It was also intriguing to discover that the book contained action. The use of weapons like guns, rocket launchers, alligator clips and knives in almost every page got me saying, "I finally found a right book." I also liked the suspense and mystery surrounding the book. I wondered who was the mystery woman that showed up at BB's penthouse and never left. In the story, I was also glad to learn that one should put it in books when he becomes a great man. Otherwise, there is no use of conquering the world if no one knows about it. In Chase's words: "My thoughts, feelings, ideas and philosophies would be immortalized on the pages that I filled."

One of the few downsides of this book is unrealistic characters. What struck me as odd was how a guy, who wholeheartedly loved his woman, allowed her to mingle with another man and felt no remorse about it. For him to say, "If she were being held hostage, and the ransom was for me to stand in front of an on-coming train, I would do it," but still found it normal that she enjoyed with other men was indeed unrealistic.

Again, the book has to go through another round of editing: I discovered more than ten grammar errors. Because of this issue and the one mentioned above, I award Family Honor-III 3 out of 4 stars. The book will appeal to lovers of romance, action and mystery. Since there is a use of vulgar language and extreme sex scenes, I recommend the book to readers above the age of 18.

Family Honor-III
View: on Bookshelves

Like Rose Harebate's review? Post a comment saying so!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I like fast paced action books, as well. However, as I have not read any of the previous Family Honor series and don't like books that end with a cliffhanger, I don't think it is for me. I did enjoy your review, though!
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Harebate »

Prisallen wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 12:07 I like fast paced action books, as well. However, as I have not read any of the previous Family Honor series and don't like books that end with a cliffhanger, I don't think it is for me. I did enjoy your review, though!
This is also the first book I have read in a series and I was able to enjoy it because it includes the background of what happened in previous books, so though it ends with a cliffhanger, it can still be read as a standalone, it leaves the reader guessing the end. Thanks for passing by.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds interesting. I don't know that I've heard of a character named Blue Black before. The fast pace is intriguing to me, but I wonder if there would be too much action? I don't know if that's possible. It's too bad about the errors, but it can be fixed. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
unamilagra
Currently Reading: into the willd
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

This sounds like an interesting premise, but I haven't read anything else in the series so this would probably not be the one to start with. I do love fast paced stories, so maybe I'll check out this series. Thanks for a thorough review!
chiefsimplex
Currently Reading: A Second, Less Capable Head
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiefsimplex.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by chiefsimplex »

I think i will love this one.Already there seems to be an extraordinary display of vigilance - Chase continuing with his mission after being subjected to seven years of imprisonment.Thanks for the review.
“So many books, so little time.”
― Frank Zappa
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Harebate »

kandscreeley wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 07:51 This sounds interesting. I don't know that I've heard of a character named Blue Black before. The fast pace is intriguing to me, but I wonder if there would be too much action? I don't know if that's possible. It's too bad about the errors, but it can be fixed. Thanks!
The book is indeed action-packed, but not too much for a reader to find it disturbing. It's more like one is watching a very nice action movie. Thanks for commenting.
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Harebate »

unamilagra wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 11:46 This sounds like an interesting premise, but I haven't read anything else in the series so this would probably not be the one to start with. I do love fast paced stories, so maybe I'll check out this series. Thanks for a thorough review!
I haven't read other parts of the series yet, but I can assure you that, though ending with a cliffhanger, this book can be read as a standalone. Thanks for passing by.
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Harebate »

chiefsimplex wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 14:21 I think i will love this one.Already there seems to be an extraordinary display of vigilance - Chase continuing with his mission after being subjected to seven years of imprisonment.Thanks for the review.
The book indeed contains an interesting plot. You won't be disappointed. Thanks for your comment.
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jessacardinal »

Action-packed page-turners are great but I could probably do without the gruesome mental pictures created by the author. I am positive there is an audience for these types of details though. Nonetheless, it seems you were fully engrossed in the story and have provided a thorough review. I am glad you enjoyed the book!
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
sarahmarlowe
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

Wow! Great review! I love that you explained the great parts of the description and action but also called out the unrealistic characterization. Nice!
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
cornelia_SD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cornelia-sd.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by cornelia_SD »

This is a great and detailed review and a very honest one. I think I can enjoy this book even with its flaws. Thank you for this review. ^^
Life is a journey. Do not take for granted the people you are with for tomorrow they may turn to a different road. :techie-studyingbrown:
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Thanks for the captivating review for a seemingly captivating book (book series). Thank you 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
nooregano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nooregano.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Dirtbag waitress by Alice Auditore

Post by nooregano »

What struck me as odd was how a guy, who wholeheartedly loved his woman, allowed her to mingle with another man and felt no remorse about it. For him to say, "If she were being held hostage, and the ransom was for me to stand in front of an on-coming train, I would do it," but still found it normal that she enjoyed with other men was indeed unrealistic.
I'm curious about this! What exactly do you mean by mingling with another men? If by mingling you mean simply hanging out, I don't personally see why he would have to have a problem. Did you mean something else by mingling?

This review was thorough and quite objective - it was great to read, thank you, Rose! However, it sounds like of graphic and violent, so I don't know if I would read this book!
"I speak only one language, and it is not my own." - Jacques Derrida
Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

The storyline of this book sounds interesting. The extreme erotic scenes might turn off some readers. But, I'm too interested in the plot to not read it. So, thanks your insightful review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”