Review by Mjgarrison -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Mjgarrison
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: Message in a Bottle
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mjgarrison.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review by Mjgarrison -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Mjgarrison » 05 Mar 2019, 13:25

[Following is a volunteer review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Adrift was a fictional story written by, Charlie Sheldon. It follows his previous book, Strong Heart, although it can definitely be read alone. It begins as a freight boat in the gulf of Alaska starts on fire and the crew is forced to abandon ship. They fill two life boats and get separated as the sea throws them from side to side and upside down. With minimal food and water they hope to survive until they are rescued. Meanwhile, an independent tug company is racing to retrieve the abandoned ship, so they can lay claim to it before it is claimed by the company that owns it. Some family of the crew members that were forced to abandon ship are worried sick about where they are, and whether they are dead or alive. All the story jumps from one character’s perspective to another making it feel similar to a soap opera. Are they ever going to arrive at the shore? Who is going to lay claim on the ship? Will there be casualties? Receive answers to these questions and more, as you drift aimlessly through the ocean with these brave men and woman.

I enjoyed the realistic descriptions of the land and environment they experienced, it made me feel as if I were right there with them. The maps at the beginning of the story also helped me to get a better understanding of the setting. Furthermore, I loved how all the different elements of the story were brought together in the end to create a captivating journey. This story had a variety of themes; drama, family, adventure, loss, love, spirituality, and geography all intricately intertwined.

This story was exceptionally well edited, as I did not find any mistakes. All in all, I have nothing negative to say about it.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars as a result of its adventurous story line, realistic descriptions, and exceptional editing. There is something for everyone in this amazing story.

I recommend this story for anyone who is interested in ships, survival, tug boats, adventure, spirituality or family. I would say it’s better for an older audience, in view of the fact that there is some mild cursing. That being said, it was an amazing story and hope you enjoy it as much as I did. So grab your life jacket and prepare to embark on an amazing adventure through the open sea.

Adrift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mjgarrison's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”