Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by azza lia »

I really enjoy the review. It is very enthusiastic and encourage me to read the book. Nathalie's life story sounds very emotional and impactful. Her complicated love story gives more spice to this novel. I feel like I'm going to hate her character because of the affair part. This book definitely could leave the readers with mixed feeling. Great review.
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

Nathalie is indeed a round character. People make decisions based on what they have been through. I would wait to read the book before having a conclusion about Natalie. Alex is another pity case and I would like to see his end too. Congratulations on BOTD.
Danelle Cale
Currently Reading: The Rancher's Widowed Bride
Bookshelf Size: 3515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danelle-cale.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Danelle Cale »

Until I read your review I was going to pass on this book thinking it young adult. Your review made this book sound interesting to older folks too. I like that the author writes fluidly with interesting characters, and just enough description to keep things interesting.
Derek_D
Currently Reading: Beneath the dark
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-derek-d.html
Latest Review: Isn’t it kind of funny that by Jerry schaefer

Post by Derek_D »

Sounds like a great book! There's nothing like a little domestic violence to let us know that we didn't come from the only dysfunctional family. It could be the inspiration that could save someone's life.
Pauls_
Currently Reading: A Dagger In The Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul.html
Latest Review: Recognizing Beauty by Cyndi Burrough

Post by Pauls_ »

The story is well-organized and beautifully written. The review was detailed and reveals enough aspect of the book that I anticipate reading the book. I completely relate to the mixed feelings about Natalie. Congratulations on BOTD.
Alia Yasmin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Alia Yasmin »

By just reading the reviews and description, i guess this is definitely a good one to put in someone's to-read list. I have never read such genre that gives value to both child and adult.
readlikejess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readlikejess.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by readlikejess »

This feels like a great coming-of-age novel and relatable for every teenager. Such a good review done, and beautifully done by the reviewer.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 478
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for such a descriptive review. It does sound very interesting and I did like how the author wrote it from reading the sample. The characters all sound very intriguing. After reading your review, I am definitely going to add it to my list of books to read. I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much too.
Mihiri Wasana Mohottala
Currently Reading: Cut Yourself a Break
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mihiri-wasana-mohottala.html
Latest Review: Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence by Fred Sievert

Post by Mihiri Wasana Mohottala »

A teenage girls’ life become sader due to his stepfathers’ behavior and her mothers’ suffering. She got rid of her terrible life by working for a family and got a feeling about mistress. I’m eager to read this book about how she face all these issues which are unbearable by a teenager.
Annikie malete
Currently Reading: Harrowing Roses
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Annikie malete »

The book has alot of meaning and truth in it,I love it and If given a chance I would read it again , and it was able to refresh my memory about what I went through as a child yet I couldn't do anything as I was still a little girl but long story short I ended up getting burnt on my hands because of my abusive father 😒
Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechukwu-fortune-njoku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku »

Natalie's diverse characters already draw me in. I love the sound of this book; it will make an exciting read. Thank you for the great review; kudos.
Christine Cariño
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-cari-o.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Christine Cariño »

Such a thorough review. The descriptions show that the story would flow nicely. It's good to know that Natalie finds comfort in Rosemary, but troubling to know that she have feelings for Bruce. Anyway thanks for the review.
Amber Greene 1
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Amber Greene 1 »

It’s was a good review. Natalie wants to find contentment. She is unhappy that her stepfather is an alcoholic.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

Ironbark Hill is one of the most exceptionally-written books that I've read in a long time. Natalie is a great lead character whose development through the spin-off novels in this series is amazing to follow. Congrats on having the BOTD.
Debra Morgan
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debra-morgan.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Debra Morgan »

If the book is written anywhere near as well as your review, it's a must-have! The way you describe the building of the character of Natalie from being perceived as sweet to giving you mixed feelings makes me wonder what brings about the change, or the exposure of her nature. Thank you for a great review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”