Review of The church is to blame

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Chux
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-chux.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of The church is to blame

Post by Peace Chux »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The church is to blame" by Edward Tanyi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The church is to blame by Edward Tanyi is a book about Christianity and spirituality. The author tells us about one of the significant causes of worry in the church - the steady decline of the Christian faith and religious matters in the world today, especially amongst the youths. The author lists out several crises, including moral bankruptcy, immorality, failure in academic and marital life, amongst others. He implores us to return to the path of righteousness and follow Jesus Christ in order to save our world.

An outstanding part of the book was the author's apt description of the low level of spirituality in today's world, especially amongst the younger generation who are now emboldened and inquisitive about the doctrines of the Christian faith. The author warns us that our religious life is on the brink of saturation due to the sinful paths we have decided to follow, and that the consequences of our actions have brought upon us several alarming issues such as increased crime rate, sexual sins being carried out by ministers of God and many others. Also, that the decline in Christianity and the nonchalant attitude we currently have in our spiritual life should be blamed on the church because the clergymen, priests, and pastors have failed in effectively transmitting and teaching the word of God to us, the lay faithful, in the right way in which it was meant to be done.

As a practicing Christian, I found the author's words to be accurate, given the numerous scandals that have rocked the Christian world over the years of my being Christian. These actions have led many to question our religious beliefs and also their faith in God. The author's clarion call to the church and its members is what I liked most about the book.

A disagreeable part of the book for me was the author's insistence that if the world should turn a new leaf and give its life to Jesus Christ that the numerous challenges we are facing in the world today would vanish into thin air. As written in the bible, in the book of James 2:20; "But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

I am of the opinion that giving our life to Christ won't solve all our issues if we don't put in the necessary work alongside our faith. The socioeconomic problems threatening humanity would still persist if the only focus to a solution were repentance. This was what I disliked most about the book.

Notwithstanding, the book was a terrific read and an educative one as well. It was professionally edited. Due to its impactful teachings and its cry for the resurgence of the Christian belief, which was delivered masterfully, I rate The Church is to blame by Edward Tanyi, 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to Christians and people who are agnostic.

The church is to blame
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I also agree that just giving our lives to Jesus won’t help. We need to be worried about others. Thanks for the review.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

The comparison between Christianity and spirituality never ends. I would love to read the book. Good review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”