Which character is the most well-rounded?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Which character is the most well-rounded?

Post by Brenda Creech »

The four men in the story are good, long-time friends but are so different. The main protagonist seems wimpy to me. He's a follower, not a leader. Eric is a playboy. He wants to party and womanize!. Sam is a good athlete and likes a challenge. Daniel is organized, a good athlete, and seems to go with the flow. Of the four, I think Daniel is the most well-rounded, although I have never known a man that organized! What are your thoughts? Who do you think is the most well-rounded of the four?
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Charlyt
Favorite Book: The Night Circus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlyt.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Charlyt »

I agree that Daniel seems like the most rounded, it seemed like he got his life together compared with the other three and was also the one who had a family first. However, as the story progressed, I think the others are on their way to being well-rounded, it's just that Daniel got there first.
"It is neither fair nor unfair, Nobody Owens. It simply is." -NG
roymutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roymutuma.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by roymutuma »

I agree with you completely! Daniel is the most well rounded. His organization skills, I think are the glue that keeps the crew together albeit their different characters and personalities. Eric, to me, is the most alive.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 672
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

True, Daniel's character is fully developed. But on the other hand, I think the protagonist too because his character reveals imperfection (no human is perfect). And his ability to take care of other responsibilities in his life despite his personal weaknesses earns him a plus. The protagonist course of life as well as his limitations perfectly portray what majority today experience.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
karendi jururi
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karendi-jururi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by karendi jururi »

Daniel seems to have it together! Wow! Daniel is the closest man can get to perfection especially in terms of leadership and organization skills. Of course, Daniel is the most well-rounded.
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Charlyt wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 00:44 I agree that Daniel seems like the most rounded, it seemed like he got his life together compared with the other three and was also the one who had a family first. However, as the story progressed, I think the others are on their way to being well-rounded, it's just that Daniel got there first.
Great point! Thanks for commenting!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

karendi jururi wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 05:26 Daniel seems to have it together! Wow! Daniel is the closest man can get to perfection especially in terms of leadership and organization skills. Of course, Daniel is the most well-rounded.
I agree! Thanks for commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Nerea wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 05:08 True, Daniel's character is fully developed. But on the other hand, I think the protagonist too because his character reveals imperfection (no human is perfect). And his ability to take care of other responsibilities in his life despite his personal weaknesses earns him a plus. The protagonist course of life as well as his limitations perfectly portray what majority today experience.
That's a great point, I never thought to look at the protagonist that way. I agree, no person is perfect. Thank you for commenting.
B. Creech
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

roymutuma wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 03:45 I agree with you completely! Daniel is the most well rounded. His organization skills, I think are the glue that keeps the crew together albeit their different characters and personalities. Eric, to me, is the most alive.
Thanks for commenting! You are right, Eric does seem the most alive of the four. Perhaps it's because he doesn't have a wife and kids like the others so he only has to worry about himself!
B. Creech
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

The Daniel's character seems to be well balanced in various personality traits, therefore i think this character is well rounded. The other characters could be easy categorized in various personality traits.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
himynameisjessica
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by himynameisjessica »

I think Eric since he looks and worries about himself the most.
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

sanjus wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 22:24 The Daniel's character seems to be well balanced in various personality traits, therefore i think this character is well rounded. The other characters could be easy categorized in various personality traits.
Exactly! Although he had personal problems in his marriage, just like the main protagonist did, he handled them in a much more mature way.
B. Creech
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

himynameisjessica wrote: 05 Jan 2020, 00:48 I think Eric since he looks and worries about himself the most.
Eric eventually got his stuff together! At first, I found him as a playboy. But later in the book he began to redeem himself in my eyes. Thanks for commenting!
B. Creech
timur777
Currently Reading: One Bad Decision
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timur777.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by timur777 »

Out of all characters, I believe Daniel's character is the most well-rounded (I like the word usage:well-rounded). The reason why it is well-rounded is because the author has obviously spent much time on describing and developing the character. I fully comprehended Daniel as a character. The author did a great job!
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Daniel is the well developed characterHe organizes everything and keeps everything moving.

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”