Favorite Man Mission Rules.

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Favorite Man Mission Rules.

Post by Nerea »

I find the Man mission Rules funny and thrilling too. One of my favorite rule is "He Who Whines Loudest Wears the Pink Bracelet." :lol:
What's your favorite Man Mission Rule? Let's share.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

'He who whines loudest wears the pink bracelet' sounds interesting. It's like saying that only girls are allowed to whine. I have been trying to imagine one of the guys trekking with a sprained foot and claiming he is okay while the pain escalates. It's a manly thing though, a girl would scream the hills down.
Pearl Hijabi
Favorite Author: H M Irwing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-hijabi.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 1986

Post by Pearl Hijabi »

'He who whines loudest wears the pink bracelet' surely sound very funny and I'm trying to imagine a grown up man traveling with a pink bracelet'..
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

LeDiplomatique wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 00:01 'He who whines loudest wears the pink bracelet' sounds interesting. It's like saying that only girls are allowed to whine. I have been trying to imagine one of the guys trekking with a sprained foot and claiming he is okay while the pain escalates. It's a manly thing though, a girl would scream the hills down.
I agree. It's like men are meant to keep their pain to themselves :lol: :lol: But why? :lol:
No Wahala
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Pearl Hijabi wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 01:09 'He who whines loudest wears the pink bracelet' surely sound very funny and I'm trying to imagine a grown up man traveling with a pink bracelet'..
It even sounds awkward a man walking around wearing a pink bracelet. But those are some of the things that made Man Missions exciting and a thing to behold. :lol:
No Wahala
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

Nerea wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 02:45
LeDiplomatique wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 00:01 'He who whines loudest wears the pink bracelet' sounds interesting. It's like saying that only girls are allowed to whine. I have been trying to imagine one of the guys trekking with a sprained foot and claiming he is okay while the pain escalates. It's a manly thing though, a girl would scream the hills down.
I agree. It's like men are meant to keep their pain to themselves :lol: :lol: But why? :lol:
:lol: I believe its an ego thing or maybe because naturally, a man is supposed to bring solutions to the problems, not to complain about them.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Oh, for sure, it is "he who whines loudest wears the pink bracelet." I found it hilarious! I'm still reading, so I might change my mind later, but for now, this one is the funniest for me!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

I also like the "pink bracelet". It adds humor to the story and also motivates the four protagonists in doing their best.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The saying sounds funny.
I believe men will like to keep pain to themselves due to socialization. From a young age, even crying is considered not boyish even by fellow young friends.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

LOL -- Great question! It's really hard to narrow it down to one. Rule #1 (Men Only) seems to go hand-in-glove with rules #6 (Bathing Optional) and #9 (To Go Al Fresco is to Touch the Face of God.)

On a personal level, I appreciate the challenge of Rule #3: Go Beyond Your Limits. (Perhaps that's why, so often, they returned with injuries?) LOL
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
Jaynova
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jaynova »

I love when it was said “he that whines loudest wears the pink bracelet” in other words females are ones that should be whining and not the man! They need to step up and be stronger or they’re going to look like a little girl as they whine. :techie-studyingbrown:
Charlyt
Favorite Book: The Night Circus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlyt.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Charlyt »

I like both "Go beyod your limits" and "Travel under your own power".
They seem kind of contradictory but keeping those in mind while on a travel adventure let you be aware of your own strength and how much more you can go further if you try.
"It is neither fair nor unfair, Nobody Owens. It simply is." -NG
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Kibetious wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 08:10
The saying sounds funny.
I believe men will like to keep pain to themselves due to socialization. From a young age, even crying is considered not boyish even by fellow young friends.
:lol: :lol: And men are ok with that?! Huh.. It's a painful experience though. Don't you think?
No Wahala
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

LeDiplomatique wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 04:40
:lol: I believe its an ego thing or maybe because naturally, a man is supposed to bring solutions to the problems, not to complain about them.
Oooh, I get it now. But it's a dangerous belief, especially to men. Don't you think?!
No Wahala
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

B Creech wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 05:29 Oh, for sure, it is "he who whines loudest wears the pink bracelet." I found it hilarious! I'm still reading, so I might change my mind later, but for now, this one is the funniest for me!
Oh yeah. Please update in case you change your mind. :)
No Wahala

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”