What do you think about the ending? (warning possible spoilers)

Use this forum to discuss the October 2019 Book of the month, "Skills of the Warramunga" by Greg Kater.
Samantha Shinn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-shinn.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

What do you think about the ending? (warning possible spoilers)

Post by Samantha Shinn »

The ending was a bit odd for me compared to how much action was in the book, but I am pleased about Jacko getting a happy ending. However, with the fact that they didn't capture all of the bandits, I was hoping there would be an action-packed scene at the wedding. What do you guys think about the ending? What were you envisioning to happen?
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Post by Sam Ibeh »

The truth is that I love cliff hangers when it comes to series. It shows that there's more thrill and action to be expected.
Howlan
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading: War Graves
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-howlan.html
Latest Review: The Soviet Comeback by Jamie Smith

Post by Howlan »

I think it ended well enough. Any extra action at the end would have a bit cliche and unnecessary.
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

Howlan wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 03:31 I think it ended well enough. Any extra action at the end would have a bit cliche and unnecessary.
I have to agree, there had already been a lot of action. I'm glad the writer slowed things down and gave us a happy ending! I know this was planned as a trilogy, but I'd love to read more about this group of friends!!
Amina Yusuf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-yusuf.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt
Reading Device: B07PQLY49F

Post by Amina Yusuf »

I definitely liked the ending. I was always thinking that Jacko needs to settle down with his charming Monique and it happened in this story. Greg Kater is a wonderful storyteller and he ended the story on a good note for me. Ciao!
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

DC Brown wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 07:53
Howlan wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 03:31 I think it ended well enough. Any extra action at the end would have a bit cliche and unnecessary.
I have to agree, there had already been a lot of action. I'm glad the writer slowed things down and gave us a happy ending! I know this was planned as a trilogy, but I'd love to read more about this group of friends!!
Yes, I was also real happy with the ending the author gave us. He tied all loose threads and gave us a happy ending and that was really required as it was a trilogy.
Aditi Sapate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi-sapate.html
Latest Review: Miracles Love a Believer by Stacy Manning Casaluci

Post by Aditi Sapate »

Honestly, I never wish to spoil the authors' genius when it comes to the ending. But yes, I was happy that Jacko got his happy ending.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

Sam_Ibeh wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 15:14 The truth is that I love cliff hangers when it comes to series. It shows that there's more thrill and action to be expected.
Yes, I love a occasional cliffhanger too, but honestly I would be disappointed if the ending of this book would been one.
kperm
Currently Reading: Harry Potter The Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by kperm »

The ending was a bit odd for me, too. I expected a little bit more from the ending, but, to be fair, I can't say anything bad about it. It was good, but could have been better.
Falconcrest
Currently Reading: Brass Rail
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falconcrest.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Falconcrest »

Yes, definitely the ending was a bit cliched for me. "And they lived happily ever after". Not really what I expected there was something unquestionably missing.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Samantha Shinn wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 03:36 The ending was a bit odd for me compared to how much action was in the book, but I am pleased about Jacko getting a happy ending. However, with the fact that they didn't capture all of the bandits, I was hoping there would be an action-packed scene at the wedding. What do you guys think about the ending? What were you envisioning to happen?
I think you haven't had enough action when this was what you were expecting. :lol2: . However, I do think when we are used to the author's writing style, such denouement seems disappointing. For me, it was a good one though it wasn't what I envisioned. I was expecting for the bandits to show up as well for the last time for revenge or whatnot. :techie-studyingbrown:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

I think this is true, though I thought it would end differently, I guess since it is the third book the ending is fitting. :D
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

Falconcrest wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 19:07 Yes, definitely the ending was a bit cliched for me. "And they lived happily ever after". Not really what I expected there was something unquestionably missing.
Since it is the third book in the series, I guess it is already good enough. But you'll consider it as a standalone book, then, of course, it would have been cliche. :tiphat:
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

briellejee wrote: 18 Oct 2019, 02:40
I think this is true, though I thought it would end differently, I guess since it is the third book the ending is fitting. :D
Yes, I understand I was also thinking the story may end with a cliffhanger like a major betrayal or so but I am glad with how it ends.
VTEC lar it
Favorite Book: A Thousand Seeds of Joy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vtec-lar-it.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by VTEC lar it »

I would have preferred a more'conventional' ending. The ending as it is, slightly off. Jacko ended up just fine, so, who cares anyways?

Return to “Discuss "Skills of the Warramunga" by Greg Kater.”