This genre is meant to help smooth over the transition from childhood to adulthood for its younger readers. Typically, the topic at hand follows the experiences of a young adult protagonist. Within this vast genre, several other genres can be woven into the text.
Here some of my personal recommendations:
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- Divergent by Victoria Roth
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
You can also check out the YA books that have been reviewed by the OBC Review Team: viewforum.php?f=53
Do you have any YA recommendations for others?