Which land would you prefer, Echoland or Olàm Shonè?

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kro92813.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Re: Which land would you prefer, Echoland or Olàm Shonè?

Post by Kro92813 »

So it seems the overall consensus is that those seeking more adventure would choose Echoland and those who seek peace and solidarity would lean toward Olam Shone
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Kro92813 wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 23:29 So it seems the overall consensus is that those seeking more adventure would choose Echoland and those who seek peace and solidarity would lean toward Olam Shone
But even these two known facts should vary on e William is King. He could open up Olám Shoné to others...but never Fate Sealers.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Could he though? I feel like the choice to open olam shone would be up to queen illyria and her husband Fluid Conway
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 23:34 Could he though? I feel like the choice to open olam shone would be up to queen illyria and her husband Fluid Conway
Sonce Olam Shone has E holand citizens and Will will definitely try and possibly get rid of the Fate Sealers, they would easily open the land since the threat would be gone.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 23:37
Kro92813 wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 23:34 Could he though? I feel like the choice to open olam shone would be up to queen illyria and her husband Fluid Conway
Sonce Olam Shone has E holand citizens and Will will definitely try and possibly get rid of the Fate Sealers, they would easily open the land since the threat would be gone.
I guess they could and eventually might, but it reminds me of a similar situation in the House of Night series I had read a while back. There was a warrior island that had shut itself off from the main world and had created it's own laws and sanctuary from outside forces. They had been apart from the real world for so long they didnt even know how to begin allowing integration or entry into their own world.

If I had created a peaceful sanctuary I wouldnt be so quick to let everyone in.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 23:42
I guess they could and eventually might, but it reminds me of a similar situation in the House of Night series I had read a while back. There was a warrior island that had shut itself off from the main world and had created it's own laws and sanctuary from outside forces. They had been apart from the real world for so long they didnt even know how to begin allowing integration or entry into their own world.

True but since one requires their Sound to enter, you would have to be vetted by at least one guy before gaining entry and also on the other side.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 23:42

They could always send their vetting crew to the other side of the gate once the danger passed, and ensure whomever entered would not disrupt others.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html

Post by LV2R »

I would definitely not like living in Echoland where all the terrible Fate Sealers were. I would prefer Olam Shone since they lived in harmony with one another and seemed to be safe and content with their lives.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

LV2R wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 22:17 I would definitely not like living in Echoland where all the terrible Fate Sealers were. I would prefer Olam Shone since they lived in harmony with one another and seemed to be safe and content with their lives.
But if the Fate Sealers were removed from this debate (hopefully in William's reign), which land would you choose then?
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html

Post by LV2R »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 06:08
LV2R wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 22:17 I would definitely not like living in Echoland where all the terrible Fate Sealers were. I would prefer Olam Shone since they lived in harmony with one another and seemed to be safe and content with their lives.
But if the Fate Sealers were removed from this debate (hopefully in William's reign), which land would you choose then?
I still think I would like to explore Olam Shone, because we don’t know a lot about it. The mushrooms that gave off power could just be one of the wonderful things there.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

LV2R wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 07:42
I still think I would like to explore Olam Shone, because we don’t know a lot about it. The mushrooms that gave off power could just be one of the wonderful things there.
I agree that Olám Shoné has a lot to be explored and I would hope a sequel could explore this.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

They had healing powers anand apparently kept you from aging which is pretty cool! I'm with you! I envisioned echoland as a dark place. Olam shone and harmonia was full of light and goodness
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 12:19

They had healing powers anand apparently kept you from aging which is pretty cool! I'm with you! I envisioned echoland as a dark place. Olam shone and harmonia was full of light and goodness
It would be interesting to explore Olám Shoné further and see what other wonders exist there.
Israt Siddique
Currently Reading: The Hand Bringer
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Israt Siddique »

I would choose Echoland. A new world of reflections which are called Echoes.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Israt Siddique wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 09:27 I would choose Echoland. A new world of reflections which are called Echoes.
In Echoland you would be in constant danger of Fate Sealers.

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”