Overall rating and opinion of "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.

Post by Monishka Sharma »

Monishka Sharma wrote: 14 Oct 2019, 06:33 To be honest i haven't read the bookbut i read many reviews and the book seems intriguing. I love fiction stories and the concept of parallel universe used here is good. I am adding this to my To Read shelf.
I read many reviews and book summaries and it is a good book to read if ypu have time
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

though I've not read this book but some reviews on it. Its not among my best books. but from those reviews I've read its story seems to promised an interesting reading experience.
TracySG98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracysg98.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by TracySG98 »

This novel offered a fun and exciting read with an interesting storyline. I really enjoyed the humor that spread throughout the novel. The concept is original and exciting, although it does remind me of the world of Harry Potter, and there’s a lot of action and adventure. The idea of a parallel world is exciting and different. The scene where the pets reveal themselves was totally unexpected and interesting.

I really enjoyed the story, however, the plot was a bit choppy and the flow seemed to change each chapter. Some parts seemed to take forever, while others went to fast to totally understand what was happening. Sometimes it felt as though the author knew exactly what was going on, but didn’t explain it very well for the reader to follow along. Some characters felt overdeveloped while others weren’t developed at all. With how the writing varied each chapter it was hard to be sure about what was happening. This novel is generally simple and suitable for young readers, but some of the vocabulary is too advanced. Therefore, I gave it 3 out of 4 stars.
I_Am_Israt
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Ten Dolls
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-i-am-israt.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (German Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by I_Am_Israt »

It is a well written fantasy novel that will captivate adults and young reader alike. It does touch upon mature subjects like death and missing children, so please keep this in mind when recommending to young readers.
I liked the concept of the story.I found it to be imaginative and unique. This is a delightful take and i enjoyed it immensely. If you are looking for a fantasy adventure novel, I would recommend this novel. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Emilyflint
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 12756">The Last Battle</a>
Currently Reading: Gameboard of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilyflint.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Emilyflint »

I thought that this book had an amazing story line. What I didn't like about it was the ending. Extremely disappointed and very anti climatic. Aome if it could have been done without.
kperm
Currently Reading: Harry Potter The Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by kperm »

I enjoyed The Crystilleries of Echoland very much. It was a very enjoyable book with an interesting storyline. I enjoyed the characters. What I liked the least in the book was the ending. For me, the ending wasn't as exciting as the rest of the book and it was sort of anticlimactic. Other than that, everything was great. I would definitely recommend this book to others.
FionaSongbird
Currently Reading: The Killer Angels
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by FionaSongbird »

I seem to be in the minority here; I didn't really care for the book. I thought the premise was intriguing, and Will was very likeable. The book just wasn't very well written. There were lots of examples of cliches ("you're our only hope"), purple prose (three similes in one sentence!), and words that were being used incorrectly, such as a character saying "I'm darkly sorry," and Will started "shedding" down a cliff. The story was so poorly written that it was difficult for me to enjoy it.
Mandy Males Cole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandy-males-cole.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Mandy Males Cole »

As an elementary teacher, I've read many fantasy books for young readers and was intrigued by the premise of "echoes" and a parallel world. I was very disappointed. The descriptions were weak and I found myself rereading paragraphs to see if I missed something because the transitions were so jolting. After getting half-way through, and not seeing any improvements, I gave up and moved on to something else. I'm surprised so many people enjoyed it.
Akpome1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akpome1.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Akpome1 »

My overall opinion of the book is that it is fantastic. The pacing is excellent. I like the totality of the book. What I like least about the book is the author's use of some difficult words such as lucent. It is not everybody that will be able to follow the author in that way. People who are not used to such vocabulary will not understand what he means. I would recommend the book to adults. It might be too scary for young children to know that there are parallel worlds. I give the book 4 out of 4 stars.
FrankieKelley
Favorite Book: Burn Zones
Currently Reading: Mortal Engines
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frankiekelley.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B07XL7G4HH

Post by FrankieKelley »

I would rate the book an overall 4/4, but my personal enjoyment was a 3/4. The book was written very well, but I was not entertained at certain moments, and it seemed like the action plateaued.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

Based on the overall reviews, This would be a book I would be interested into reading!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
faint9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67

Post by faint9 »

Undoubtedly, the entire story is dressed in mystery and twists. One has to follow through keenly so as to capture the twists. For instance, one cannot ponder how a boy of 2 years disappears and then reappears after several years. He returns with a wolf and a falcon as his companions. His twin sister is still nowhere to be traced. No one else has ever disappeared and appeared like Will. Imagine an individual talking to a mirror. Description here is also comparative. Sense of humour is also part of this. One instance the author says, 'the bird seemed to raise eyebrows to Will.' Therefore, the book has wide range of aspects.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

At first read, I was a bit confused. I had read a couple of pages and stopped. However, after reading a bit of the views here, I think I am beginning to get it. Seems nice.
MA
JayUwU
Currently Reading: Vampire Knight
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by JayUwU »

It's a realy nice book that has quite a bit of adventure. It has an interesting concept that isn't seen that often. I find myself intrigued with the echos and the way magic is portrayed
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

There is usually no errors if you try to understand the author. However, when you try to make sense of the book you will definitely get a few and of course the editing. I would say the book is good but can be made better.

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”