Author seeking help with video adaptation

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Author seeking help with video adaptation

Post by Sahansdal »

This is the author. I have long planned for a short online video of Misreading Judas. If anyone has expertise, or knows who to go to, I would love to hear from you.
Kyrenora
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrenora.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Kyrenora »

What kind of help do you need? Recording? Editing? Publication?
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

can you elaborate the kind of help you need?
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Post by Don Pwai »

Albeit, a good idea, such a move would create a lot of controversy in the study of religion and Christianity as a whole.
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Kyrenora wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 20:58 What kind of help do you need? Recording? Editing? Publication?
Right now, I want to make a short Youtube style video of the case.
Kyrenora
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrenora.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Kyrenora »

Sahansdal wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 10:19
Kyrenora wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 20:58 What kind of help do you need? Recording? Editing? Publication?
I'd be happy to walk you through the process and offer whatever help I can. You're welcome to send me a direct message.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Don Pwai wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 12:29 Albeit, a good idea, such a move would create a lot of controversy in the study of religion and Christianity as a whole.
I don't see how avoiding the truth is a good idea. Reading the Gospel of Judas is really easy if you know just a few things about mysticism/Gnosticism. Self-sacrifice is the main idea. Now read it. It is straightforward mysticism and reads very easily and I do say, beautifully. The "man who bears me" is YOU, the disciple. This is the origin of the sacrifice OF JESUS, I am sure of it. There was a real contest going on between orthodoxy and gnosticism factions at the time. It was no-holds barred. Paul KILLED James.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Kyrenora wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 12:09
Sahansdal wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 10:19
I'd be happy to walk you through the process and offer whatever help I can. You're welcome to send me a direct message.
I haven't been too successful contacting people outside the forum. My email is judaswasjames at aol dot com.

I want to show texts side-by-side, with graphics to move portions to the other source, to show how they correspond.
LeeleeByoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leeleebyoma.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by LeeleeByoma »

Hi, author! I am an experienced screenwriter, and I've done some adaptions too. I may not be able to help with the edits and the graphic,s but if you need the adaptation to be scripted, I would be more than happy to do it.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

LeeleeByoma wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 12:34 Hi, author! I am an experienced screenwriter, and I've done some adaptions too. I may not be able to help with the edits and the graphic,s but if you need the adaptation to be scripted, I would be more than happy to do it.
Hmmm. OK. Email me at judaswasjames at aol dot com

This will be challenging, especially in a short take.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

I would love to be of help.

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”