The author's inspiration.

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Sakeenah143
Favorite Book: From Drift to SHIFT
Currently Reading: Love is too Hard: The Dating (Mis)Adventures of a Man With Autism
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakeenah143.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Re: The author's inspiration.

Post by Sakeenah143 »

The author's inspiration is definitely his personal belief.
Sakeenah143
Favorite Book: From Drift to SHIFT
Currently Reading: Love is too Hard: The Dating (Mis)Adventures of a Man With Autism
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakeenah143.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Sakeenah143 »

The author's inspiration is definitely his belief.
e-reeder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-reeder.html
Latest Review: The Poison Profession by Rachel Wright

Post by e-reeder »

- to start a very controversial topic about Judas, Jesus and Christianity as a whole. He's not the first to do that.
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

Cecilia_L wrote: 03 May 2019, 21:26 I also got the impression that the author was inspired by Gnostic beliefs. I once heard a very thought-provoking sermon suggesting how Judas's life would have differed if had waited three days rather than acting on impulses. I feel compassion for Judas, but I don't agree he was the Savior.
agreed.
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Post by Don Pwai »

A difficult guess I must say. But I could say it is because of the universal belief that Judas was the absolute traitor and lover of money amongst Jesus' disciples.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

Areej Tahir wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 20:07
Cecilia_L wrote: 03 May 2019, 21:26 I also got the impression that the author was inspired by Gnostic beliefs. I once heard a very thought-provoking sermon suggesting how Judas's life would have differed if had waited three days rather than acting on impulses. I feel compassion for Judas, but I don't agree he was the Savior.
agreed.
Judas wasn't the Savior. James was. There was no Judas, or Jesus either. These were inventions to hide James, so the early Church could grow on Paul's teachings, or a warping of them for their purposes. Dr. Eisenman has dertermined that Paul is the Scrolls "Spouter of Lying." Read his work. It is absolutely fascinating. http://roberteisenman.com/
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Don Pwai wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 12:21 A difficult guess I must say. But I could say it is because of the universal belief that Judas was the absolute traitor and lover of money amongst Jesus' disciples.
All that is invention. The whole Betrayal scenario is fictional. It was a rewrite of gnostic mastership succession, in order to hide that there was a successor. James is the mystery man, who is AWOL in the Bible. He became traitor Judas to hide his coming. Take it to the bank. It's done. I have support for this from a Ph.D. in the field: Dr. Eisenman.
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Kemunto lucy »

The author wanted to reason out on what was going on in Judas' mind though he gives him a lot of credit.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Kemunto lucy wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 14:19 The author wanted to reason out on what was going on in Judas' mind though he gives him a lot of credit.
Judas had no mind. He is fictional. I think I made that clear. And I am not alone in thinking so. This is big news to the world, not just Christians. I could use help getting the message out. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Are you people reading the book before commenting? It often doesn't sound like it.
oluchiokere84
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchiokere84.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by oluchiokere84 »

While I agree that things may have been different if he didn't commit suicide on impulse, a person with such a negative end which I believe wasn't caused by God can't be the Saviour of the world. I think it's very logical, hence I don't know where the author got his inspiration from.
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html

Post by Don Pwai »

That's a difficult guess, it could probably be associated with the environment he grew up in.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Don Pwai wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 11:20 That's a difficult guess, it could probably be associated with the environment he grew up in.
I met a living Master, Maharaj Charan Singh, and then Dr. Robert Eisenman. Pretty powerful influences, both.
www.rssb.org
http://roberteisenman.com/
Jacquelyn-63
Currently Reading: Call of the Couch
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacquelyn-63.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by Jacquelyn-63 »

I think it was to get his opinion and personal beliefs out there. Possibly to even help people to think differently or give them something new to think about.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Jacquelyn-63 wrote: 24 Jul 2019, 10:28 I think it was to get his opinion and personal beliefs out there. Possibly to even help people to think differently or give them something new to think about.
Have you considered adding a review on Amazon? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”