The author's inspiration.

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Bretagne
Favorite Author: Diana Wynne Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bretagne.html
Latest Review: The Message? by Avam Hale
fav_author_id: 3288

Re: The author's inspiration.

Post by Bretagne »

Sahansdal wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 21:10
Bretagne wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 16:22 I think the author shares this information for any number of reasons. A few that immediately come to mind are:

He mentions towards the end how this truth is vital for redemption, so maybe it his way of getting people to think about it.

Another is that, as a scholar who spent time pouring his efforts into this, it probably stands to believe he wants to have someone else appreciate his work, too.

He certainly got people talking about this theory, and that alone may have been inspiration enough.
Cool. Thanks for that. Did you post a review on Amazon?
I submitted one yesterday. :)
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

Bretagne wrote: 19 Jun 2019, 09:24
Sahansdal wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 21:10
Bretagne wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 16:22 I think the author shares this information for any number of reasons. A few that immediately come to mind are:

He mentions towards the end how this truth is vital for redemption, so maybe it his way of getting people to think about it.

Another is that, as a scholar who spent time pouring his efforts into this, it probably stands to believe he wants to have someone else appreciate his work, too.

He certainly got people talking about this theory, and that alone may have been inspiration enough.
Cool. Thanks for that. Did you post a review on Amazon?
I submitted one yesterday. :)
My sincerest thanks!
Tommi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Tommi »

I think the author wants some attention. I don't believe there are authentic sources backing up his claims.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Tommi wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 14:09 I think the author wants some attention. I don't believe there are authentic sources backing up his claims.
I assure you, I am not just seeking attention. Everyone wants to feel that they matter, and I am no different, though. I feel that I really have something to offer. That is all. The Gospel of Judas and the Apocalypses of James and Peter are quite authentic, you can be sure. Again, what makes the Bible any more authentic?
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

I think the author doesn't agree with the common Christian beliefs after researching them. He wants to spread his views to Christians.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

People have a lot of different interpretations of the bible and there are always other ways of looking at things. I think that Judas probably gets a raw deal by being blamed for a lot, similar to Pontius Pilate who tried everything to avoid the execution.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

N_R wrote: 25 Jun 2019, 14:03 People have a lot of different interpretations of the bible and there are always other ways of looking at things. I think that Judas probably gets a raw deal by being blamed for a lot, similar to Pontius Pilate who tried everything to avoid the execution.
Knowledgeable investigators I have read all agree Pilate "washing his hands" is nonsense. He was a brutal killer with absolutely no reason to spare anyone. It was all made up to hide Pauline Church leaders' complicity in a coverup of succession.
Wambui-nj
Favorite Book: Half of a Yellow Sun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wambui-nj.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Wambui-nj »

I think he wanted to evoke questions on long held Christian viewpoint on Judas. But his work is fiction, so I don't think he succeeds proving in his idea.
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

I think he wants to express his own religious beliefs towards people from all over the world.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

I think the author's main purpose of writing this book is to change the perspective of believers against Judas. Also to portray him as the Savior; not Jesus.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

T_stone wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 02:42 I think the author's main purpose of writing this book is to change the perspective of believers against Judas. Also to portray him as the Savior; not Jesus.
No. There was no person, Judas. 'Judas' was James, and HE was the Savior. - the Author
Yasinta venance34
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasinta-venance34.html
Latest Review: B-Side by Janis Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Yasinta venance34 »

I think the author's inspirations is his research to find more about Christianity where he finds himself against Christian faith by Judas' perspective.
Latest Review: B-Side by Janis Jones
Erin
Currently Reading: Death Has a Thousand Doors
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin.html
Latest Review: Not 4 $ale by M.R. Biggs

Post by Erin »

I believe the author was inspired by the Gospel of Judas and Gnostic authors and teachings. He has thoroughly researched the topics and has an understanding of the context of the writings, and he simply wants to provide the true story.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Erin wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 10:08 I believe the author was inspired by the Gospel of Judas and Gnostic authors and teachings. He has thoroughly researched the topics and has an understanding of the context of the writings, and he simply wants to provide the true story.
Erin,
I would love to see that in a review on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

Maybe it was a random urge to challenge the conventional ideas and create some controversies

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”