Do you think this book marks the end or christianity?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you think this book marks the end or christianity?

Post by Sahansdal »

10mile72 wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 17:50
Sahansdal wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 17:20
10mile72 wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 12:22

Bart Ehrman, who is an agnostic, and one of the leading NT scholars, wrote a book on the subject arguing that there almost certainly was a Jesus of Nazareth. Doesn't mean it's true. Just saying.
His "Did Jesus Exist' was a disaster. Mythicists pounced on it. Dr. Richard Carrier, an equally accomplished scholar, demolished it in his 600+ page "On the Historicity of Jesus.' There are others. The 'proof' is thin, at best. I think I end all debate. I have period evidence that the Gospel story of Jesus is a fabrication.
Did you write a book about it, and, if so, is it available on Amazon?

Well, yeah, I thought that is what this thread was about!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1

First book attempt, which gives more background and is better for those no familiar with Eastern mysticism. >

https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... C0K9YWNJG1
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Sahansdal wrote: 27 Oct 2019, 14:23
His "Did Jesus Exist' was a disaster. Mythicists pounced on it. Dr. Richard Carrier, an equally accomplished scholar, demolished it in his 600+ page "On the Historicity of Jesus.' There are others. The 'proof' is thin, at best. I think I end all debate. I have period evidence that the Gospel story of Jesus is a fabrication.

First book attempt, which gives more background and is better for those not familiar with Eastern mysticism. >

Website >

https://judaswasjames.com/
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

First book attempt, which gives more background and is better for those no familiar with Eastern mysticism. >

Sorry, I didn't know you were the author of Misreading Judas, I thought you were just someone commenting, like me. My bad.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

10mile72 wrote: 28 Oct 2019, 10:47

Sorry, I didn't know you were the author of Misreading Judas, I thought you were just someone commenting, like me. My bad.
My bad. I usually say something.
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

Sahansdal wrote: 28 Oct 2019, 14:57

No problem. You know, what's interesting is that even in the gospels the work that Judas did is presented as something that was part of a preordained plan that was necessary for Christ to be sacrificed; I always thought he got a bum wrap.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

:o :|
10mile72 wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 15:33
Sahansdal wrote: 28 Oct 2019, 14:57

No problem. You know, what's interesting is that even in the gospels the work that Judas did is presented as something that was part of a preordained plan that was necessary for Christ to be sacrificed; I always thought he got a bum wrap.
A lot of people say that.

This is all fiction. Best way to read the NT. Even the OT, too, but it at least is teaching things that happen to be true. Only enough truth in the Gospels to fool the unwary, which seems to be a heck of a lot of people.
zagabi
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading: Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zagabi.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B07PQ96B6B

Post by zagabi »

The book cannot mark the end of Christian, but it fulfilled the prophecy made in the Bible about signs of the end time which include Anti-Christ and false prophet.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

zagabi wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 12:48 The book cannot mark the end of Christian, but it fulfilled the prophecy made in the Bible about signs of the end time which include Anti-Christ and false prophet.
Matthew 24 that you refer to was all about the first century. Paul fits the 'false prophet.' He was determined to be the Spouter of Lying by Dr. Robert Eisenman from the Dead Sea Scrolls pesherim.
Songjohn007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-songjohn007.html
Latest Review: The Most Unlikely Champion by Vera Koo

Post by Songjohn007 »

It's impossible for a book written by a man to change every ones mind and end Christianity, because despite The Holy Bible being a great book inspired by God and can be seen anywhere in the whole world, we still have those who don't believe it.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Songjohn007 wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 16:10 It's impossible for a book written by a man to change every ones mind and end Christianity, because despite The Holy Bible being a great book inspired by God and can be seen anywhere in the whole world, we still have those who don't believe it.
God doesn't use a book to communicate with humanity. He uses live humans - Masters. Who told you this?
Songjohn007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-songjohn007.html
Latest Review: The Most Unlikely Champion by Vera Koo

Post by Songjohn007 »

Though we all have different views when we read books and must not still forget we can change through reading but remember not even everyone read.
Aftab Yunis
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The fourth Dimension
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aftab-yunis-hakim.html
Latest Review: One Hand Two Hearts by S.K. Alfstad

Post by Aftab Yunis »

Not at all! Christians are much aware of what they believe in. It is not possible at all by any means, however, it can be counted as attack on Christianity by spreading these kinds of heretic teachings against Christianity.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

I'm trying to save you! Jesus can't save you EVEN IF HE LIVED, which he didn't. He says only living Masters can save, just as all Masters have said, when he said so in so many words in John 6:40 and 9:4-5, 3:16, and even famous John 14:6-7. Read these carefully. The Bible is not the WORD. The Holy spirit is. The Son is not Jesus, either. The Holy Spirit is. It matters. John 3:16 is in PAST TENSE, so it cannot be Jesus talking about himself. Rather it is about John the Baptist, as all of John 3 is. JOHN was the Master Jesus was talking about. It happens repeatedly in the Gospels (Jesus quotations). These were confiscated by early orthodox Christians and corrupted selfishly to create a NEW religion. Ecc. 1:9 says that cannot be. Same as Hosea 6:6. Nothing new under the sun. Masters are not new. Seth was a Master/savior. Genesis 4:26 and 'calling on the Lord' is men being saved by that particular Master. The reason I left 'Christianity' is because no one could explain to me why anyone was born before Jesus lived and died. Why would they ever be born only to miss seeing (John 6:40) their Master?
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

I don't think this book can put an end to Christianity.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

zagabi wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 12:48 The book cannot mark the end of Christian, but it fulfilled the prophecy made in the Bible about signs of the end time which include Anti-Christ and false prophet.
That time was meant as first century, not now.

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”