Do you think this book marks the end or christianity?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Wokeread
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wokeread.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Re: Do you think this book marks the end or christianity?

Post by Wokeread »

I suppose he needed to carry out proper research to do a good job on the book. As for ending Christianity, it would take much more than a single book. Besides, there have been many books presenting an alternative view and Christianity is still going strong.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

Wokeread wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 00:23 I suppose he needed to carry out proper research to do a good job on the book. As for ending Christianity, it would take much more than a single book. Besides, there have been many books presenting an alternative view and Christianity is still going strong.
It may be still going, but I wouldn't say it is "going strong." Dr. Eisenman's work is the one that first ended it. I just finished up what he started. Christianity will not survive in the long run. It's over. I never said how long it would take!

btw, I have two books on this subject:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1

https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert
girly girl
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-girly-girl.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by girly girl »

It's honestly impossible for one book to end Christianity. It's a fact that Bible has been translated to most languages a has been printed the most times. Even the first book to be printed was Bible. I think that it's impossible for any book or books to end Christianity.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

girly girl wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 09:19 It's honestly impossible for one book to end Christianity. It's a fact that Bible has been translated to most languages a has been printed the most times. Even the first book to be printed was Bible. I think that it's impossible for any book or books to end Christianity.
There's always a first time for everything. Maybe this is it?
Caitlin_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlin.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Caitlin_ »

No book can end christianity, it's been a religion for thousands of years. I also don't think the author was trying to attack the religion and was only telling the facts.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Caitlin_ wrote: 26 Jul 2019, 22:50 No book can end christianity, it's been a religion for thousands of years. I also don't think the author was trying to attack the religion and was only telling the facts.
Mine isn't the only new challenge. It just happens to be the most potent, :)
Kathleen Wolfe
Favorite Book: The Hour Game
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathleen-wolfe.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Kathleen Wolfe »

Choine wrote: 02 May 2019, 15:09 Those who hold true to their beliefs will not allow this book to shake them in their faith. I did not like the contents of this book as it seemed an attempt to dismantle the foundation of Christianity. Although the author, obviously, did a lot of research and is well-educated in the subjects mentioned, I do not believe that his conclusions are correct. I completely disagree with this book.
I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Kathleen Wolfe wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 05:20
Choine wrote: 02 May 2019, 15:09 Those who hold true to their beliefs will not allow this book to shake them in their faith. I did not like the contents of this book as it seemed an attempt to dismantle the foundation of Christianity. Although the author, obviously, did a lot of research and is well-educated in the subjects mentioned, I do not believe that his conclusions are correct. I completely disagree with this book.
I agree with you wholeheartedly.
I put years into the research, and studied the method of a Ph.D. in history and Islamic Law, Dr. Robert Eisenman. I am certain the Gospel story is invention. If so, that puts the whole New Testament in the fiction category. There was no historical Jesus Christ. James was the Master. The Church fictionalized the succession to get James out of the way. Paul later killed James.
http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf08.v ... i.lxx.html
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Caitlin_ wrote: 26 Jul 2019, 22:50 No book can end christianity, it's been a religion for thousands of years. I also don't think the author was trying to attack the religion and was only telling the facts.
You are precisely correct. I once was Christian myself.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

I'm hoping some of you will review my book on Amazon. Thanks for all the comments here. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I agree that this book will not cause an end of Christianity. It may cause some discussions and questions, but there have been many of those over the years, and it has survived.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Prisallen wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 14:43 I agree that this book will not cause an end of Christianity. It may cause some discussions and questions, but there have been many of those over the years, and it has survived.
There has never before been the Nag Hammadi Library and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Read what Dr. Robert Eisenman says about the Scrolls, what I say about the gnostic codices. http://roberteisenman.com/
kristine29
Currently Reading: Release that witch
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine29.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by kristine29 »

End of Christianity? Im not sure , Catholic religion has always been imperfect. Throughout the years many "conspiracies" had been revealed one after another ..Whether if it's a theory or not only a believer should know. I like to think that they're faith is not that superficial, Christianity had survived for centuries after all
Gathoni1991
Currently Reading: Elf Accord
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathoni1991.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Gathoni1991 »

klballard wrote: 02 May 2019, 06:40 It’d be impossible for a single book to end Christianity. The Bible has been the most published book of all time while being the most persecuted book of all time. Christianity has survived Emperor Nero, Gnosticism, book burning, criminalization, Richard Dawkins, etc. One book might change a few minds, but it’ll do nothing to Christianity as a whole because Christianity isn’t about facts, rules, or a book, it’s about a changed life from a Person who rose from the grave. No book can counter someone’s experience.
I love your reply. Nobody can stop Christianity, not even a single book.
Gathoni1991
Currently Reading: Elf Accord
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathoni1991.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Gathoni1991 »

The book may stir up the hornet's nest. But I would love the author to do research on another religion.

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”