What is your take about the author?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Heatholt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatholt.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Re: What is your take about the author?

Post by Heatholt »

I respect the other because of this so-called"betrayal." He has really laid his thoughts out in this book, no matter the consequences, and I appreciate that.
"We're all born naked and the rest is drag." - RuPaul Charles
:wink:
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

Florence Nalianya wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 07:59 The author is a bold character that ain't afraid of controversy. He seems kind of an theist and given a chance the church would skin him a live.
I'm not an atheist at all. I am a practicing Satsangi with the Radha Soami Satsang Beas. www.rssb.org
aacodreanu
Favorite Book: The Billionaires’ Handbook
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 450
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aacodreanu.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by aacodreanu »

I believe religion is important for the author. He challenges the facts as related in the Bible and he takes a lot of effort to prove the Bible wrong. My feeling is that at the end of his quest he might find that he was wrong. At least I hope he will.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

aacodreanu wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 08:26 I believe religion is important for the author. He challenges the facts as related in the Bible and he takes a lot of effort to prove the Bible wrong. My feeling is that at the end of his quest he might find that he was wrong. At least I hope he will.
That's interesting. I call it as I see it. I have nothing against the Bible. I love Zechariah. I just have a problem with the alternative facts in the other Testament.
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

I would be truly astonished to find out that the author is a Christian but at the same time not really. Maybe he is/was and had some questions which led to him doing research and coming up with this book?
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Areej Tahir wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 08:59 I would be truly astonished to find out that the author is a Christian but at the same time not really. Maybe he is/was and had some questions which led to him doing research and coming up with this book?
I'm not what you would think is a Christian, but my beliefs would be considered as correct if people considered them without preconception. The true teachings are the gnostic ones, but they are so thoroughly overwritten in the Gospels as to be unrecognizable. People should just stay away from the New Testament. No one is qualified to understand it who does not have a complete grasp of mysticism.
Sakeenah143
Favorite Book: From Drift to SHIFT
Currently Reading: Love is too Hard: The Dating (Mis)Adventures of a Man With Autism
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakeenah143.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Sakeenah143 »

Certainly, I am yet to figure out.
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Post by Don Pwai »

A Christian who is brave enough to question tne intrigiuing aspects of Christianity and religion. He wants to encourage a discussion on certain provisions of the bible.
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Don Pwai wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 12:25 A Christian who is brave enough to question tne intrigiuing aspects of Christianity and religion. He wants to encourage a discussion on certain provisions of the bible.
Not afraid of burning in hell ...
;0
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Kemunto lucy »

The author is not a Christian,he is too bold for that. Imagine how the members of his church would criticize him for his writing.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Kemunto lucy wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 14:15 The author is not a Christian,he is too bold for that. Imagine how the members of his church would criticize him for his writing.
I've often thought about how I might be received as a guest lecturer. With much skepticism, I suspect.
SA2090
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by SA2090 »

I liked how the author was not afraid of popular opinion and voiced his views. He certainly has a lot of courage.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

SA2090 wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 22:21 I liked how the author was not afraid of popular opinion and voiced his views. He certainly has a lot of courage.
Thanks. I would like to encourage you to review the book on Amazon. :)
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

I don't think his religion is what that really matters here, I think all he wanted is to put his points about religion comparing them with other's beliefs.
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Ekta Swarnkar wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 02:27 I don't think his religion is what that really matters here, I think all he wanted is to put his points about religion comparing them with other's beliefs.
Ekta,

Thanks for your comment. Did you enter a review on Amazon? : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”