What is your take about the author?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
juliusotieno02
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotieno02.html
Latest Review: Read My Mind by Stephen McLeod

What is your take about the author?

Post by juliusotieno02 »

Having read that book, what do you think of the author? Is he religious? Is he a christian? What do you think the reaction of the church would have been if he is/was a christian?
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

juliusotieno02 wrote: 02 May 2019, 02:55 Having read that book, what do you think of the author? Is he religious? Is he a christian? What do you think the reaction of the church would have been if he is/was a christian?
I think betrayal would have been the reaction, and I think the author is way open to new ways of thinking.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 02 May 2019, 03:26
juliusotieno02 wrote: 02 May 2019, 02:55 Having read that book, what do you think of the author? Is he religious? Is he a christian? What do you think the reaction of the church would have been if he is/was a christian?
I think betrayal would have been the reaction, and I think the author is way open to new ways of thinking.
I agree, the church would not accept his revelation. I feel as though the author is not overly religious otherwise he would not dig so deep to find all of these secrets.
juliusotieno02

Post by juliusotieno02 »

It's funny that betrayal would have been the reaction here and betrayal was the reaction too at the time of Judas.
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3008
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A Conflicted Slaveholder by Marge Cambre

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It sounds like betrayal but I am sure that with the rise in relativism, most many not really care about his beliefs as long as they know the truth.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
juliusotieno02

Post by juliusotieno02 »

Kibetious wrote: 02 May 2019, 04:44
It sounds like betrayal but I am sure that with the rise in relativism, most many not really care about his beliefs as long as they know the truth.
I get your point but i think many people will determine the authenticity of his claims by first determining who he is as far as religion is concerned.
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

The author had responded to my comment on LinkedIn by stating that the findings spell the end of Christianity. What nonsense!
juliusotieno02

Post by juliusotieno02 »

Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:34 The author had responded to my comment on LinkedIn by stating that the findings spell the end of Christianity. What nonsense!
:D do you think his response rendered his work useless acording to you? What was your opinion after reading the book but before the author's response?
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.
Renu G
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

juliusotieno02 wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:47
Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:34 The author had responded to my comment on LinkedIn by stating that the findings spell the end of Christianity. What nonsense!
:D do you think his response rendered his work useless acording to you? What was your opinion after reading the book but before the author's response?
There is a plethora of so called research findings about Judas. They all contradict each other. I won't waste my time with this author's findings. I can go to original sources myself. My faith in Christ is not intellectual. I have experienced Him in my life. The author is very disrespectful to Christians by making claims about the end of Christianity.
juliusotieno02

Post by juliusotieno02 »

Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 06:05
There is a plethora of so called research findings about Judas. They all contradict each other. I won't waste my time with this author's findings. I can go to original sources myself. My faith in Christ is not intellectual. I have experienced Him in my life. The author is very disrespectful to Christians by making claims about the end of Christianity.
I must confess you have a very interesting view on this subject.
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.
Renu G

Post by Renu G »

juliusotieno02 wrote: 02 May 2019, 06:13
Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 06:05

I must confess you have a very interesting view on this subject.
Thank you very much!
evraealtana
Currently Reading: The Signature of All Things
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evraealtana.html
Latest Review: Never Teach A Pig to Sing. It is a waste of Time by Freida Atwood

Post by evraealtana »

I don't think that this book in any way harms or changes Christianity as a whole, because I don't think that it has the power to "rock the world" the way the author intended.

I do think that the author is religious, but I believe that he does not follow mainstream Christianity, looking rather toward his own understanding. Religion doesn't have to be "orthodox" to be valid and deeply felt.
evraealtana
Currently Reading: The Signature of All Things
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evraealtana.html
Latest Review: Never Teach A Pig to Sing. It is a waste of Time by Freida Atwood

Post by evraealtana »

This seems somewhat pretentious of him... especially since the book made the argument for a shift in Christian thinking, not the end of it. I cannot believe that what he said was what he actually meant.
Renu G

Post by Renu G »

evraealtana wrote: 02 May 2019, 08:51
This seems somewhat pretentious of him... especially since the book made the argument for a shift in Christian thinking, not the end of it. I cannot believe that what he said was what he actually meant.
It was a very insensitive comment by him.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Pure nonsense. It is every Christian's free will to believe in those findings and what they may represent or not :)

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”