Does the book change your religeous beliefs?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Does the book change your religeous beliefs?

Post by Sahansdal »

Burnaard+42 wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 00:52 It may not change my belief but in a way, it has changed how I viewed Judas as the bad character yet it may not have been intentional but by the fact that it was his role to play.
There was no Judas. -the Author
Burnaard+42
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-burnaard-42.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Burnaard+42 »

Sorry I meant Cain.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Burnaard+42 wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 01:07 Sorry I meant Cain.
Probably no Cain, either. These are all just stories. Great stories, but not history.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

No, this book did not change my religious beliefs at all. While I do believe that there are some pieces missing in the Bible (as some verses contradict each other), I still believe that Judas Iscariot is Jesus' traitor. I found that the author calling other religions fictitious was offensive; every religion is faith-based. No religion can be proved with certainty, as no one here on Earth that was alive then is alive now to tell us what happened. I felt that this book had some eye-openers, but I do not think those that have strong faith should be reading this book as they may get offended.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

byebye98 wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 22:29 No, this book did not change my religious beliefs at all. While I do believe that there are some pieces missing in the Bible (as some verses contradict each other), I still believe that Judas Iscariot is Jesus' traitor. I found that the author calling other religions fictitious was offensive; every religion is faith-based. No religion can be proved with certainty, as no one here on Earth that was alive then is alive now to tell us what happened. I felt that this book had some eye-openers, but I do not think those that have strong faith should be reading this book as they may get offended.
I said the New Testament is fictional. And it is. I have no idea what your religion is. Doesn't matter. The truth is what it is. We just have to look for what that is. Don't expect to find it in the New Testament. It's Church propaganda.

What is to fear for believers? If faith is that soft, maybe it is no good to start with.
zagabi
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading: Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zagabi.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B07PQ96B6B

Post by zagabi »

A book can never change my religious belief. Whatsoever the author think about Judas, that's his ideology. We all know Judas is a betrayer.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

zagabi wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 16:17 A book can never change my religious belief. Whatsoever the author think about Judas, that's his ideology. We all know Judas is a betrayer.
If you are Christian, one already did. My book is not about faith or beliefs. It is about how to see proof that 'Judas' was James.
Songjohn007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-songjohn007.html
Latest Review: The Most Unlikely Champion by Vera Koo

Post by Songjohn007 »

This book can't change my religious beliefs and my view on Judas as traitor, if the author actually understand Judas as described in the Bible, he must give a reason why he committed suicide.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Songjohn007 wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 16:17 This book can't change my religious beliefs and my view on Judas as traitor, if the author actually understand Judas as described in the Bible, he must give a reason why he committed suicide.
Which way, hanging or falling to the ground? We have two contrary versions, you know. :)
Songjohn007
Currently Reading:

Post by Songjohn007 »

The author's believe and objectives are there in the book, but not convince he has deep understanding of his claims.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Songjohn007 wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 08:01 The author's believe and objectives are there in the book, but not convince he has deep understanding of his claims.
Well, I do. But the important thing to see is the quite obvious logic. Do YOU really think, and I'm serious, that all these parallel verses, gnostic to canon, just happened by chance? Why couldn't Gospel writers just write from an historical account IF THERE WAS ONE? I prove that it only could have been one way, gnostic first, canon later. This is vitally important. Ask any gay person, or woman, who lives under antiquated Christian rules in our modern society.
Songjohn007
Currently Reading:

Post by Songjohn007 »

The author may be right in his own way, but have no respect for others believe, which made him not so accepted with many reason.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Songjohn007 wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 16:24 The author may be right in his own way, but have no respect for others believe, which made him not so accepted with many reason.
It isn't my job to hold your hand, but to enlighten your mind ...
VictorKE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victorke.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by VictorKE »

The book has nothing to do with someone's faith as long as he or she has a strong faith.
jhunt
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhunt.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by jhunt »

I appreciated the perspective, but it did not change my religious beliefs.

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”