Does the book change your religeous beliefs?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Does the book change your religeous beliefs?

Post by Sahansdal »

Petra1791 wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 13:59 No, it doesn't change my beliefs. Everyone has a right to their views. I am not threatened by an opposing viewpoint when my convictions are strong.
Hi! Would you consider a review of my book on Amazon? Hope so...
grsaar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grsaar.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by grsaar »

No! This book doesn't change my religious beliefs. No matter how much the author tries to change the perception of Judas, I still consider him to be a traitor. Their was nothing selfless about his actions. He was a selfish traitor.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

grsaar wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 16:05 No! This book doesn't change my religious beliefs. No matter how much the author tries to change the perception of Judas, I still consider him to be a traitor. Their was nothing selfless about his actions. He was a selfish traitor.
Do you think Gollum was real, too? Or Bilbo Baggins? Or King Arthur? There was no Judas. He didn't EXIST at all.
ernest mwangemi
Favorite Author: Greg Kater
Currently Reading: The Crystilleries of Echoland
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ernest-mwangemi.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Sean T. Smith
fav_author_id: 119157

Post by ernest mwangemi »

Changing the normal belief of judas being seen as a traitor is what the book does but I don't think it really changes ones believe in the Gospel
Smrithy
Favorite Book: Enif
Currently Reading: Daffodils
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithy.html
Latest Review: Enif by Russ Berg

Post by Smrithy »

Being a believer of 'art for arts sake' , what I read and what I believe mayor maynot be congruent. I respect the author's point of view, acknowledging my head beliefs.
Latest Review: Enif by Russ Berg
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Smrithy wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 11:43 Being a believer of 'art for arts sake' , what I read and what I believe mayor maynot be congruent. I respect the author's point of view, acknowledging my head beliefs.
Hi. Author Robert Wahler here. I could sure use some positive reviews on Amazon. Feel like helping me out? It seems you may have liked my book.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
Alexander Villarasa

Post by Alexander Villarasa »

Judas is one of the more vexing biblical character because if it was his pre-determined role or destiny to betray Jesus , it puts into question the factuality or truth about us humans having free will, the existence of which was thoroughly detailed in the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden when they defied God 's command not to eat the forbidden fruit.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Alexander Villarasa wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 17:14 Judas is one of the more vexing biblical character because if it was his pre-determined role or destiny to betray Jesus , it puts into question the factuality or truth about us humans having free will, the existence of which was thoroughly detailed in the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden when they defied God 's command not to eat the forbidden fruit.
That's one reason he never did. He is fictional, as is Jesus. :) Nothing to be alarmed about. Masters come all the time. You were meant to SEE your Master. Whoever the Master was who said John 6:40 (I think James) it clearly shows one was meant TO SEE the savior IN PERSON. Currently the Master is Baba Gurinder Singh, www.rssb.org
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

No, this book does not change my religious beliefs in the slightest. I have always had serious doubts about many elements of the Christian Bible, so it's not surprising that new evidence reveals additional misinterpretations. I think it's important to be open to new ideas.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Juliet+1 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 13:13 No, this book does not change my religious beliefs in the slightest. I have always had serious doubts about many elements of the Christian Bible, so it's not surprising that new evidence reveals additional misinterpretations. I think it's important to be open to new ideas.
What are your beliefs?
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

Sahansdal wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 15:43
Juliet+1 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 13:13 No, this book does not change my religious beliefs in the slightest. I have always had serious doubts about many elements of the Christian Bible, so it's not surprising that new evidence reveals additional misinterpretations. I think it's important to be open to new ideas.
What are your beliefs?
I'm a devout feminist. Seriously, I find most major world religions to be painfully patriarchal, although I'm fascinated by research into the Bible. Recently discovered "The Woman's Bible" by Elizabeth Cady Stanton. It has some very interesting interpretations.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Juliet+1 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 17:05
What are your beliefs?
I'm a devout feminist. Seriously, I find most major world religions to be painfully patriarchal, although I'm fascinated by research into the Bible. Recently discovered "The Woman's Bible" by Elizabeth Cady Stanton. It has some very interesting interpretations.
Juliet+1 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 17:05
What are your beliefs?
You should be pleased to note that there have been women Sant Mat Masters. Mira Bai was one. You can google her name. I think she was Hindi. Sant Mat is not really an organized religion, since Masters have come in all sorts of places all throughout history. www.Scienceofthesoul.org has many of their writings, which are nearly identical to the Gnostics.
Jade1692
Currently Reading: Healing Anger
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jade1692.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jade1692 »

I don't know if I would say that it changes my beliefs because I never completely took the Bible at face value anyway. But what I love is that this book challenges the main tenant of Judas and Jesus, and makes you question what could have been.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Jade1692 wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 06:44 I don't know if I would say that it changes my beliefs because I never completely took the Bible at face value anyway. But what I love is that this book challenges the main tenant of Judas and Jesus, and makes you question what could have been.
Great! Would you do a review on Amazon? I'm getting beat up pretty bad there by apologists.
Burnaard+42
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-burnaard-42.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Burnaard+42 »

It may not change my belief but in a way, it has changed how I viewed Judas as the bad character yet it may not have been intentional but by the fact that it was his role to play.

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”