Does the book change your religeous beliefs?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Does the book change your religeous beliefs?

Post by Sahansdal »

Brandy C wrote: 20 Jul 2019, 21:49
Sahansdal wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 13:20
Brandy C wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 12:06

Wow! The way you're presenting your ”point” is the reason many people don't believe. It seems to be your way or no way. You can't make someone believe one way or another by trying to ram it down their throat or bully them! Of course, seeing the Savior would interest me. Seeing is believing but not all of it. We believe in many things we can't visually see.
Why does everyone act so defensively? I don't make the rules! I'm only the messenger. I'm trying my best, in a labor of love, since there is no money in this, to fill people in on things THEY CAN CHECK THEMSELVES.
Your response and position come off as aggressive that is why it seems we are defensive.
Aggressive to whom? If you protect ignorance, then you may be offended. I have no position to defend. It isn't "my" way. This is The Way. It is information that should be shared. I don't have time for many of the attacks I get, so it may just be my defensiveness you perceive.

Seeing is certainly believing. I recommend it. www.Petalumaprogram.org www.Fayettevilleprogram.org We should all be so lucky.
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

No, it does not change my beliefs. It was slightly interesting as to how the book portrayed Judas as, but my view of him remains the same.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Aubrey Lewis wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 11:33 No, it does not change my beliefs. It was slightly interesting as to how the book portrayed Judas as, but my view of him remains the same.
Still,
you are invited to review on Amazon if you like. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
Maralynx
Currently Reading: Castle in the Air
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maralynx.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maralynx »

It does not in the slightest. I do not even know what to say about this book. It is unreasonable, without hard proof or good hypothesis. The author is throwing other researchers under the bus by claiming they do not understand anything.
'A Hunter and a Doe,
A path with a secret covered,
Like ice, like ember,
They'll never be a pair.'- A Hunter and a Doe by Plavi Orkestar
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Maralynx wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 19:27 It does not in the slightest. I do not even know what to say about this book. It is unreasonable, without hard proof or good hypothesis. The author is throwing other researchers under the bus by claiming they do not understand anything.
Well, you got that last part right. Only Dr. Robert Eisenman knows Christianity has a big problem with the truth, and went on the record with it. Well, Dr. Richard Carrier and Dr. Robert Price could also be cited. They know, too... But Eisenman uses the recent discoveries, as I also do, for hard proof.
Amina Yusuf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-yusuf.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt
Reading Device: B07PQLY49F

Post by Amina Yusuf »

I don't think the book will change my religious beliefs. Though it raises some questions regarding Judas, we need to look at it from the author's perspective. However, it should not question our beliefs from the original version of events.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Amina Yusuf wrote: 24 Jul 2019, 09:28 I don't think the book will change my religious beliefs. Though it raises some questions regarding Judas, we need to look at it from the author's perspective. However, it should not question our beliefs from the original version of events.
But there were no 'events.' That was the entire point. I presented a case for a gnostic original source inverted tendentiously in the canon for ulterior motives.
writingShannon
Currently Reading: The Channeler
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshanmar12.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by writingShannon »

Sahansdal wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 16:01
AKShanmar12 wrote: 07 May 2019, 16:44
evraealtana wrote: 01 May 2019, 19:38

Amen. Life is too short to start projects that you don't even wish to finish. Good for you.
Thanks, I realized that this comes across like I am a complete snob, which I really try not to me, so I am glad somebody understood what I was trying to say! :?
What is wrong with getting out of the comfort zone? After all, it took a lot of discomfort to write it. = the Author
I was basically just saying that we have to make choices in life about what gets our time, and some things just don't make the list. I am a writer and I know how all-consuming the process is. Kudos to you for putting forth the effort! :)
Shannon
:techie-reference:
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

AKShanmar12 wrote: 24 Jul 2019, 14:27
Sahansdal wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 16:01
AKShanmar12 wrote: 07 May 2019, 16:44

Thanks, I realized that this comes across like I am a complete snob, which I really try not to me, so I am glad somebody understood what I was trying to say! :?
What is wrong with getting out of the comfort zone? After all, it took a lot of discomfort to write it. = the Author
I was basically just saying that we have to make choices in life about what gets our time, and some things just don't make the list. I am a writer and I know how all-consuming the process is. Kudos to you for putting forth the effort! :)
Thanks. I could use reviews. :) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
Amina Yusuf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-yusuf.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt
Reading Device: B07PQLY49F

Post by Amina Yusuf »

Am referring to the Biblical version of events as we know it. The author may have his reasons for touching on such a controversial issue but his book will not convince otherwise contrary to what was recorded in the Scriptures.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Maralynx wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 19:27 It does not in the slightest. I do not even know what to say about this book. It is unreasonable, without hard proof or good hypothesis. The author is throwing other researchers under the bus by claiming they do not understand anything.
i did not say other researchers do not understand "anything." I said that they do not understand Gnosticism, and that is what the Gospel of Judas is: self-sacrifice, not Master sacrifice. Do what you want with that.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Amina Yusuf wrote: 26 Jul 2019, 10:26 Am referring to the Biblical version of events as we know it. The author may have his reasons for touching on such a controversial issue but his book will not convince otherwise contrary to what was recorded in the Scriptures.
The only true 'Scriptures' are those written by Masters. You can find most of those here: www.Scienceofthesoul.org

I would consider some of the Dead Sea Scrolls to be scripture, but only the Pesherim (those likely by James the Just). Relying on texts written by mere men, like the New Testament authors, is fraught with problems. They aren't scripture, if by that you mean inspired by realized souls. The Tanak (Old Testament) are beautiful texts, but probably not written by Masters.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

No, it does not change my beliefs or faith.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

No, it doesn't change my faith or beliefs.
kristine29
Currently Reading: Release that witch
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine29.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by kristine29 »

Judas will always be a traitor in people's mind whether he is or not(?). It's too late to change the perspective of people about him now. And honestly a lot of people don't care including me , we have more pressing issues at the present than thinking about another one of the historical traitor-dude-turns-out-to-be a-saint

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”