Overall rating and opinion of "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler

Post by Sahansdal »

THarveyReadALot wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 22:42 My point is that Jesus is our only Master, as He is God's son, and as the Gospel of John, and the Epistle of Colossians says, all things were made through Him.
Yes, all things were made through the Son, but that doesn't mean He is Jesus. I know Son makes you think of a male offspring of a human, but that isn't what is meant when Jesus says "Son." He never refers to himself. Masters almost NEVER DO. I know this personally. I have seen two. They don't talk about themselves, but their predecessors, successors, and disciples, but never themselves. Isn't that what humility is? The Son is the Holy Spirit.

How can he be talking about himself, something I just showed is not like Masters to do, when he says "God so loved --LOVED -- the world that He GAVE --- God GAVE! -- not "will give" --- his only begotten Son, that whoever believes on him should not perish but be given eternal life." Wasn't Jesus given AT DEATH, not birth? Jesus is talking about his predecessor -- JOHN THE BAPTIST. "You were willing TO REJOICE -- who rejoices for less than a savior? -- for a season IN HIS LIGHT." WHO has "Light" but a Master??? (John 5:35) "Son" is Spirit, not the Master only, but the Spirit IN the Master.
THarveyReadALot
Currently Reading: Special Deliveries
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tharveyreadalot.html
Latest Review: A Police Action by A. A. Freda
Reading Device: B07G92J7J3

Post by THarveyReadALot »

How can the 'Son' be the 'Spirit', and also have the Spirit in Himself? Jesus is God's 'Only Begotten' son, God's only Son, period. Jesus is part of the Holy Trinity with the Father and the Spirit. Jesus is our Master and the "Light". What else can I say to convince you?
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

THarveyReadALot wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 22:41 How can the 'Son' be the 'Spirit', and also have the Spirit in Himself? Jesus is God's 'Only Begotten' son, God's only Son, period. Jesus is part of the Holy Trinity with the Father and the Spirit. Jesus is our Master and the "Light". What else can I say to convince you?
Because, THE SON IS NOT JESUS, but the Spirit! Get OUT of your mind that any human being is 'the Son' -- the "only begotten" Spirit. It is not to be read as exclusive, but rather as unique. There are many begotten Masters. The Spirit is not dependent on any human form, but the human form is dependent on the Spirit. The orthodoxy INVENTED the Trinity. There is NO TRINITY in Hebrew Matthew, an early version of that text. http://www.amazon.com/The-Original-Gosp ... gy_b_img_y
This was done so that they could SAY Jesus was the one and only, went he WASN'T. John the Baptist was a savior. One who BAPTIZES is a SAVIOR. That is what baptism IS. It got watered down BY THE CHURCH into a mere ritual by the time the canon was declared, in 367 CE by Athanasius, in his Vestal Letter on Easter. I think it was in response to his letter that the Nag Hammadi Pachomian monks buried their sacred texts, the Nag Hammadi Library and the Gospel of Judas (nearby in Al Minya) so they wouldn't have them confiscated. Some of these Gnostic monks, and others WERE KILLED, including James, who led a group that taught the same thing as the Gnostics, but in Qumran, Jordan. Paul had letters from the Jerusalem authorities to persecute the Jamesians, and he ultimately KILLED James. http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf08.v ... i.lxx.html

You are just hearing the Pauline Church version of the history, which is all made up to protect Paul. It ISN'T a record. It is Church PROPAGANDA to get rid of James, a direct challenge to Paul's phony authority. READ EISENMAN. He knows the Scrolls better than any other living scholar. I read all his books and he is RIGHT. Paul is the Spouter of Lying. James was the Righteous Teacher, NOT JESUS. He was invented. Just like Judas.

Real saviors are always in the world. They MUST be living to save: John 6:40 and 9:4-5 with C. Sinaiticus "sent US" not "sent ME" indicating that Masters are just as limited as we are to "working" while living. There is a Master in the world NOW. There is never a time when there isn't a living Master in the world -- a living, breathing, beautiful, kind, living 'SAVIOR.' Doesn't that make more sense? What about those born and who died BEFORE Jesus was born? They don't get a chance to hear about Jesus?????????

Be sure your Master is a real one, not just someone you read about. HE may not have been real at all.
THarveyReadALot

You made a good point about those people who lived and died before Jesus. As it says in Genesis, 'Abraham believed and it was credited to righteousness' And in Romans 1, it says that people have the Creation for evidence of God's truths. People have consciences through which God makes known to them what's right and what's wrong. Psalm 19 is also about Creation being evidence. On the other point of Savior, Jesus died to save us, was raised for our justification, and His own vindication. And Acts talks about His ascension. He is the High Priest for believers, standing at God's right hand, in Heaven, interceding for all believers. I hope other people are reading this discussion, but please don't be mislead by Sahansdal. Read your Bible. Compare Bibles online.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

THarveyReadALot wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 22:02 You made a good point about those people who lived and died before Jesus. As it says in Genesis, 'Abraham believed and it was credited to righteousness' And in Romans 1, it says that people have the Creation for evidence of God's truths. People have consciences through which God makes known to them what's right and what's wrong. Psalm 19 is also about Creation being evidence. On the other point of Savior, Jesus died to save us, was raised for our justification, and His own vindication. And Acts talks about His ascension. He is the High Priest for believers, standing at God's right hand, in Heaven, interceding for all believers. I hope other people are reading this discussion, but please don't be mislead by Sahansdal. Read your Bible. Compare Bibles online.
And Bilbo Baggins went in search of the precious ring to once again become whole ....... WAKE UP, please. This is LITERATURE, not history! We have period PROOF now.
THarveyReadALot

Why did you suddenly switch to talking about Bilbo Baggins?
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

THarveyReadALot wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 23:12 Why did you suddenly switch to talking about Bilbo Baggins?
What's the use? You aren't catching what I'm saying plainly, either.
Wallaceo
Currently Reading: Daffodils
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wallaceo.html
Latest Review: Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Wallaceo »

I must admit that this book has me a bit puzzled as to what to make of it. I can appreciate the fact that this novel will get it's readers to open up their minds to new possibilities as to what may or may not have taken place in biblical days, but what I do not like is that it may have readers questioning the validity of the entire Bible. This is not a book that I would recommend to people of a weak Christian faith. I would give it 3 out of 4 stars for challenging readers to think outside of the box.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Wallaceo wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 03:28 I must admit that this book has me a bit puzzled as to what to make of it. I can appreciate the fact that this novel will get it's readers to open up their minds to new possibilities as to what may or may not have taken place in biblical days, but what I do not like is that it may have readers questioning the validity of the entire Bible. This is not a book that I would recommend to people of a weak Christian faith. I would give it 3 out of 4 stars for challenging readers to think outside of the box.
I view the Bible as two parts. The first is the Old Testament. It is perfectly fine, as it isn't pretending to be something it is not, like the New Testament is. The 'New' Testament cannot be, as Ecclesiastes 1:9 tells us. Hosea 6:6 is another. They CAN'T coexist. This is because the Gospels and Acts and all the letters were written intentionally to deceive; written as false Church propaganda expressly to hide that masters come in succession, all the time, forever.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

I have a couple of interviews online with Miguel Conner, host of Aeon Byte Gnosctic Radio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6SbqpSYmFc
Smrithy
Favorite Book: Enif
Currently Reading: Daffodils
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithy.html
Latest Review: Enif by Russ Berg

Post by Smrithy »

He title was really interesting which made me read the reviews. Though I haven't got a chance to read the book, I think it would be a pleasurable reading experience.
Latest Review: Enif by Russ Berg
FREDFDK
Favorite Book: Wellness Toolbox
Currently Reading: Buried
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredfdk.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by FREDFDK »

Yes this book discussed an interesting event. Our destiny and how everything happens for a reason. I like the opinion shared by the author. Most of us use our religious believes to make understanding of this event but the author challenge us to look at a different point of view. however, I would have appreciated it more if the author argue the points from using religious point of view and social life.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Smrithy wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 11:40 He title was really interesting which made me read the reviews. Though I haven't got a chance to read the book, I think it would be a pleasurable reading experience.
I have another you may like. It is easier to follow as it is intended for those with little knowledge of the Gnostics.
https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert

If you read either one, please review it on Amazon. ")
jasmine-louise
Currently Reading: The Book of God
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmine-louise.html
Latest Review: Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel

Post by jasmine-louise »

I read the sample of this and I really want to read the book. I think the idea behind the book is interesting, and something I never would have thought to research.
Noosh
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Currently Reading: Wise Blood
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noosh.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant
fav_author_id: 17951

Post by Noosh »

Ok guys, hi
I bought the book recently, thinking that it would be a great opportunity to educate myself on such matters. I started reading it but so far I’m not even a little bit interested. I mean, granted, I’m still on chapter one but still, normally I’m hooked this far in the book (true story). So, what do you suggest? Should I drop it ? Should I push through because it’ll get better? Anything?
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
Lemony Snicket

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”