What was in the containers blocking the tunnel of the Empress?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2019 Book of the month, "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon
Philip Chepsingil
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philip-chepsingil.html
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope

Re: What was in the containers blocking the tunnel of the Empress?

Post by Philip Chepsingil »

The content of the container blocking the tunnel is not very important to the plot of the story.
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Popcorn1 »

The contents of the containers are a mystery that is to be discovered, however, to my speculation, it is definitely the reason why the fire started and the alarms didn't sound for a long time. It's a conspiracy to be uncovered in the next book. I wonder why the containers didn't burn down as it is close to the area where the fire originated.
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Radiant3 »

It did seem unusual and had me wondering about what could be in those containers.
Summer_Moon
Currently Reading: The Jurassic Chronicles (Future Chronicles #15)
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-moon.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin
Reading Device: 1400697565

Post by Summer_Moon »

Could possibly open up to another book. But most likely something in regards to the fire and failed alarms.
juliusotieno02
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotieno02.html
Latest Review: Read My Mind by Stephen McLeod

Post by juliusotieno02 »

I have a strong feeling that the fire and these containers are somehow inter-related. Though the author failed to reveal more on the latter. I just hope his next work will talk more about them.
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Nicole_Boyd wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 14:58 I kept thinking that we would learn what was inside the containers that had the Russian lettering on them that were blocking the tunnel of the Empress. Do you think this was important to the story since we don’t really find out? Maybe this will be revealed in a third book? 🧐
Smuggled goods.
amymc1306
Currently Reading: Three Sisters, Three Queens
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amymc1306.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by amymc1306 »

I'm so glad it wasn't just me thinking this. I also wondered why Buckhorn were emptying the ship so fast when it was meant to be quarantined. And what was Mark up to? Hopefully we will get all these answers! :D
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Eclecticmama wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 14:12 I’m really hoping we find out because I’ve been wondering the same thing. The fire on the Express was no accident, that much I’m sure of.
The fire seemed not to be an accident for sure. Steve himself did not believe it was not accident and doubted the possibility of the alarms failing without anyone noticing.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

amymc1306 wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 09:32 I'm so glad it wasn't just me thinking this. I also wondered why Buckhorn were emptying the ship so fast when it was meant to be quarantined. And what was Mark up to? Hopefully we will get all these answers! :D
This is the question I have been asking myself too. I am sure that there was something they were hiding to a point where they went against the rules of quarantine. I hope the Elwha clan people will see the company for what it really is.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I had been thinking all along that they could be mining equipment but then I am still in doubt about this possibility too. I guess the next book if it will be unique from the way the first two have been written will reveal more.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Popcorn1 wrote: 24 Apr 2019, 07:29 The contents of the containers are a mystery that is to be discovered, however, to my speculation, it is definitely the reason why the fire started and the alarms didn't sound for a long time. It's a conspiracy to be uncovered in the next book. I wonder why the containers didn't burn down as it is close to the area where the fire originated.
I guess this is the question that is still in the minds of most readers. I had anticipated that the fire would raze down the whole ship but then I was wrong. The biggest surprise came when none of the containers seems to have been burned.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Nicole_Boyd wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 14:58 I kept thinking that we would learn what was inside the containers that had the Russian lettering on them that were blocking the tunnel of the Empress. Do you think this was important to the story since we don’t really find out? Maybe this will be revealed in a third book? 🧐
It might range from contraband to explosives.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

:tiphat: :tiphat:
Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 09:09
It might range from contraband to explosives.
:tiphat:
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Amanda Deck wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 09:50 Definitely there's something going on with the containers, maybe about what's in them, maybe simply their placement in a place where they'd cause the most damage. Probably both.
I guess that if there is anything related to the containers and the fire incident then it would be more likely to be the content of the containers. The manner in which they were unloaded speaks volumes.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I guess the author may reveal this in the third book he is planning to write, most probably. This is one of the issues amongst many others that I will be interested to know more about.
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Discuss "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon”