ARA Review by Andromeda Flynn of Carry the Moon Across the Sky

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Andromeda Flynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 3

ARA Review by Andromeda Flynn of Carry the Moon Across the Sky

Post by Andromeda Flynn »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Carry the Moon Across the Sky.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Carry the Moon Across the Sky by Jillian Rose is a book about an independent woman who falls deeply in love with a man that stops showing her affection when he develops commitment issues. She resumes a past relationship haunted by her love of another and is unable to fully be happy even though they are also in love, but their love is pale I'm comparison to the love she felt before. She goes on a spiritual journey to find herself and finds love within herself.

A few words were used far too often in the entire novel that could've easily been replaced with a synonym. The word beautiful often was used describing anything positive or attractive. And the word oozing was used even in place of resonating as well as referring to something damp. Although these words were repetitive, the author had a vast vocabulary and language was often eloquent.

I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars due to the story falling short for me. It wasn't quite a love story as much as it was describing what it would be like to find your twin flame and how one would know. The Message of love was strong and meaningful as well as the message of finding the path to love yourself before truly diving into love with another.

I couldn't get sucked into the story despite understanding it and knowing what that kind of all encompassing love feels like. It's well described but not displayed well within the characters. The first relationship seems toxic and has a quality of gaslighting that makes me unable to root for the relationship, especially for them to be a perfect match. It seemed much more like lust than anything.

Becoming dehabilitatingly sick due to taking a spiritual journey did not make sense to me. Even if you're living a lie, it doesn't necessarily make one sick. Guilt can cause sickness but without realizing anything is wrong specifically, Going against your true self can cause illness, but a spiritual offset can still result in a medically diagnosable issue. There were many things that kept me from becoming involved in the story. I found the characters difficult to relate to and parts being too repetitive that didn't seem important to me.

View Carry the Moon Across the Sky on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”