ARA Review by Khalisdar of In It Together

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Khalisdar
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Khalisdar of In It Together

Post by Khalisdar »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, In It Together.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The writer began his writing with a philosophical question, "If you went to sleep in your body in your bed with your memories, and awoke in my body in my bed with my memories, would you notice a difference? Would there even be a difference to notice?" And then, he went on typical self-claimed leftist liberal and conservative bar talks. The fascinating argument by many, including in this book, is "unity with every other human being."

This argument quite often mystified me because we humans usually are born alone and die alone. Scientifically and proven true, we have different personality types, and our fingerprints and faces are different; even our blood looks red, but the types are different. I believe "Human Dignity" keeps us in an orderly society and ensures peace. However, the writer tried to "this book will show the unity between you, me, and those who have a different religion than us." Emphasized unity. A universal truth, humans will never be united. I believe "respect" is the core principle to keep people in the social cord.

The writer argued that "a convicted criminal who proposed that the line between so-called "good" and so-called "evil" cuts through the heart of every human being." A convicted criminal philosophy is that "Good versus Evil" divides human beings.

Actually, "Good versus Evil" was a war for thousands of years since humans learned about murder, rape, stealing, shamelessly lying, cheating, defrauding, and dishonestly earning income. If we allow evil to prevail in the name of "humanity," society surely will be in chaos.

I read the book a couple times to get the sense out of it, but I decided to give it 5 out of 5 because of the writer's "noble cause "to dream of a unified Human Community, which is definitely impossible. I did not consider the grammatical issues because I honored his critical look into societal injustice to bring our attention to. After all, our individualistic ego, selfishness, ambition, and superiority complexion lead us to despise everyday folks. And the writer ended the book by defining the word temple, "There is a reason the word temple appears in the word contemplate. Contemplate comes from the Latin word Templum, which means temple. Your human body and would-be zombie brain may be a temple, but they wouldn't be without you."

View In It Together on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”