ARA Review by Ayesha Alam 1 of Ironbark Hill

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayesha Alam 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: laptop

ARA Review by Ayesha Alam 1 of Ironbark Hill

Post by Ayesha Alam 1 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Ironbark Hill.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Review:
Ironbark Hill written by Jennie Linnane describes the story of the life of sixteen years old girl, Natalie Chapman. Ironbark hill, the farming site is situated in Australia. She is living with her mother Irma, her stepfather Alex, two stepsisters, and her brother Joey. she has several goals in her life. Seeing the abuses and worse behavior of her stepfather to her mother, she vowed to be brave and defend her family. Being from a poor family like others, she faced financial, social, and other problems and circumstances in her life. She accepted it as a challenge and to deal with this situation. she felt more comfortable at work than at house because of the strange atmosphere of her house. At the age of seventeen, she fell in love with someone who took her life to a different and new level.

She often missed her father who had died. She always protect her mother from the abuse of her stepfather and she worked hard to support her family. That the younger step-sister would accompany her but the behavior of her elder sister similar to her stepfather. The condition of her brother is unpredictable but he still supported them.

The thing that I like the most is the loving girl character. She becomes a model of confidence and bravery for her family. She is not afraid of circumstances but she is determined to fight them. She provides greater support to her family.

This book had some spelling mistakes but I would give it a 5 out of 5 because it deserved it. This novel is awesome, fascinating which would make a superb film or drama.

I think the author wants to tell us that life is not a bed of flowers. Struggling with difficulties and then fighting them is another name of life. The only people in the world who are successful are those who face adversity. Those who cannot cope with these difficulties wait for a miracle or death. That is why I said the world is based on hope.

I recommend and like how the author described the flow of the story. It made me as I was present at that moment. It is an amazing story of bravery, confidence, and full determination.

View Ironbark Hill on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”