ARA Review by Gill D Anderson of The Message?

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gill D Anderson
Currently Reading: primed for vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Gill D Anderson of The Message?

Post by Gill D Anderson »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Message?.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

THE MESSAGE BY AVAM HALE – A THOUGHT PROVING READ 5 out of 5

The message is about a woman who is hurt by a driver under the influence of alcohol. When she comes out of a coma several weeks later, she is not only healed, but also claims to have been in God’s presence during that time. The woman alleges that God requested that she sends a caring message out to the masses. The story goes on to depict a professor teaching philosophy, however it’s is a little unclear why a number of others are so deeply opposed to the message the woman is trying to spread. While it may be obvious to some that it is due to the conflicts with many religions and atheism, I felt that this part could have been unpacked a little more to strengthen the story line.

The author’s intent was to write a thriller that depicts the unexplained aspects of the current world we find ourselves living in. I feel to that end that Avam Hale has succeeded in this quest. The author’s intelligence shines through as the reader navigates this modern political tale that ends with a thought provoking conclusion. The professor’s character was the most fascinating and his lectures contained the major strength of this work.

The message is likely to both stimulate and encourage much thought and debate about what humanity is really all about and will invoke various thoughts on the validity of philosophy in relation to this. I was intrigued by the premise of ‘the message’ and the difficulties experienced by the main character in order to deliver the message delivered from God.

This novel is clever, timely and and relevant to our contemporary times. The main character Leah Warner would be well placed to act on behalf of the people on the current world stage given we find ourselves in the midst of a global pandemic. The notion behind the book is ultimately to allow the reader to pause and experience ‘food for thought.’ I strongly sensed that the take home message here is centred on finding world peace in the forms of faith, philophosy and believing in the power of good.

The book carries a powerful message, regardless of the morals and values of each reader. At the very least, it will strike a chord in the hearts of many and with that said, the author’s job is done here, regardless of whether the message resonates with you or not. I became invested in the characters, who were varied in their viewpoints and lens on life. This thriller by Avam Hale has succeeded in bringing faith and beliefs to the forefront. This book would be a great one for discussion at a book club where the partcipants are open minded and enjoy themes of philophosy. I believe that the topics contained in this book could be discussed for many hours with varying interesting takes on its meaning and validity. Bravo to Avam Hale for thinking outside the square and coming up with a unique tale such as this one.

View The Message? on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”