ARA Review by Gadwill of Apollo's Raven

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gadwill
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 15

ARA Review by Gadwill of Apollo's Raven

Post by Gadwill »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Apollo's Raven.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A REVIEW BY GADWILL ODHIAMBO ---- APOLLO'S RAVEN BY LINNEA TANNER
I have read this book huge number of times, until I became aware that it was one of the book on review.The book is a clear beautiful history though not as good as others are such as Greek very old stories. Apollo's Raven fuses Celtic, very old stories into a good historical romance. Linnea Tanner wrote this amazing fiery drama where a Celtic warrior princess has to choose between love and being loyal to the family.

The setting is in a politically unstable Britannia at a fierce war with the Romans. The year is 24 CE. The Senator Lucius Antonius, a grandson of Marc Antony, has arrived in Britannia with a regiment to exact tribute from the King of Cantiaci, King Amren. He also plans to look into a rival clan’s claims to the legitimacy of a rightful heir to the throne, Marrock, Amren’s banished son. However, the talks are not successful, Catrin, Amren’s youngest daughter, spares the life of Lucius’s son Marcellus hence incurring the wrath of her father. Which was actually an amazing twist if you ask me. The two groups cautiously agree to a hostage exchange Marcellus for Amren’s eldest daughter, and Vala to ensure peaceful negotiations.

Also in the plot, King Amren charges Catrin to guard and spy on Marcellus in order to make out the Romans' true plans/desires. Catrin, who has the magical and mysterious spirit powers of a raven, finds herself romantically drawn to Marcellus. Torn between her love for Marcellus and loyalty to her people, Catrin must use her powers to fight the dark prediction threatening to destroy her future. “Political schemes, twisting on each other, and “not what they appear at first glance,” is a perfect summation of this tale that combines the best elements of sword and sorcery, Celtic, trying to know God, romance, and historical fact to create a well-organized and in an excellent way built story

Well-researched, with consideration to verifiable subtle elements and Celtic legend and mythology, the book investigates the agnostic conventions of the old Celts and Romans with a deft hand, comparing the Cantiaci’s polytheistic and naturalistic divinities who are the creature warrior spirits of raven, horse, wolf, and Mother Goddess against the paternalistic pecking order of Roman social and devout circles. All freedoms taken make sense inside the setting of the story.

I profoundly adored this book from begin to wrap up for its continuous environment of realness, that draws you profound into the world of early Britain and the steady battles for being more grounded and superior than everything else is at the time. As a companion to an individual of Celtic history, I was enchanted to see the quality of being exceptionally near to the truth spoken to within the tribes, but too the more cutting edge twist on or depiction that creates the book simple to induce to, faster-paced and simpler to splash up as a modern reader. History genuinely comes lively beneath the type in of creator Linnea Leather treated, but there is moreover bounty of room cleared out for characters to breathe and create beneath attentive portrayal.

Character advancements moreover winner women's liberation. The women of the Cantiaci appear quality and solidarity of reason in their activities and considerations. Men within the story, whereas competent with their shows of physical quality, illustrate a nearly brutish carelessness, and their “damsel-in-distress” nature requires convenient women’s intercessions.
Different plot focuses recede and stream in a keen way, as does, dialect. The grouping of occasions moves coherently, easily, and quickly from chapter to chapter. Sex scenes in some cases feel unnecessary. Brief chapters give no openings for cumbersome delays, and there are no breaks. In vitality or sudden stops within the cascade of churning occasions, that move the plot forward to its coherent, cliff-hanging conclusion.

Many have termed Apollo’s Raven as a rapturous read that mixes Celtic mythology into a good historical romance. I choose to say that Apollo’s Raven as a blissful, examined books that blends Celtic mythology into a great verifiable sentiment.

The book was professionally altered. What I enjoyed most were the individual encounters of the creator and the angle of humor as well. Hence, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I suggest it to all fans of historical books. It will request most to those who appreciate perusing books on most profound sense of being, particularly otherworldly arousing. Perusing ought to be mindful that the lessons within the book drawn from different myths. Those who may be outraged by this could maintain a strategic distance from perusing the book until when they are arranged to study it.

View Apollo's Raven on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”