ARA Review by momof4ST of My Trip To Adele

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
momof4ST
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by momof4ST of My Trip To Adele

Post by momof4ST »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, My Trip To Adele.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

MY Trip To Adele
Written by R.I Alayaseer, and A.I. Alyaseer

Three different relationships, and subplots, and all have a desire to have something happen in them as they embark on a chance to see Adele live at a concert in Verona First we start With Elias, who while he has a lover cannot forget his lost love Malika of years past. which causes him to go on a journey throughout the book, of trying to find out why he left Malika in the first place. And the only piece of information that he keeps coming back to in his part of the story, is a promise He made to her years ago that he would see Malika Again at an Adele concert.

Meanwhile, Nadia a very hard-working mother to her one and only child Waleed is just trying to live a normal and simple life with her son whom she has raised as a single mother since his birth. Yet at every turn, she seems to be fighting her ex-husband for what she wants for her son, because thanks to the country where she lives, Jordan the law sides with the father. and her son's only dream is to go see Adele live in concert because he has a love for her music. She has saved for the concert and made all the plans, but the question remains, will her ex-husband let them go.

Finally, we meet Yaser and Miriam, struggling with an unhappy marriage Yaser struggles with the fact that he married a woman of faith and he is an atheist, who cannot understand how his marriage has gotten so unhappy. Is it him or his wife that is to blame, or was it a combination of the two of them, that just could not understand each other's point of view? Yaser describes his wife as this cold woman who only believes that her beliefs are correct. She is described as a woman who will not budge on anything which gives the reader a feeling that this woman is heartless towards her husband, when in fact she loves him very much, but cannot figure out how to come back to a healthy relationship. They have one final chance, they need to find a good memory to rekindle their marriage, but what will it be?

I gave this book a rating of 3 out of 5 stars because while I could see where the authors were trying to go with the three subplots, it was very confusing because of the number of times it switched back and forth between characters. It literally changed chapters after each chapter. It would have been easier to understand better if they have done the book in sections of two or three chapters of the same character so you could follow each character easier and then when they made the switch after two or three chapters the reader would have enough information So the switch to the next subplot would be more understandable. As it is, three subplots are a lot to follow so when the authors were switching back and forth the way that they were. It would have been easier to read if they had focused on two subplots instead of three. I really didn't see why Yaser and Miriam were introduced at all. If the authors had focused on Nadia and Waleed, and Elias and Malika's relationships, it would have been more interesting, and understandable during a switch of characters.

Finally, this book had one common strand for all of the subplots in the book. All of the couples Elias and Malika, Yaser and Miriam, and finally Nadia, mother to Waleed. All of them had a desire to make it to the Adele concert for one reason or another. Each subplot had its own twists and turns to figure out whether or not they would even make it to the concert, or even to decide whether or not it was even worth it. In the end, it is all due to the readers point of view along with the characters in the storyto decide if they think the characters made the correct choice in the end.

View My Trip To Adele on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”