ARA Review by 1985melissa of The Boy who Lived with Ghosts

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
1985melissa
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 2

ARA Review by 1985melissa of The Boy who Lived with Ghosts

Post by 1985melissa »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Boy who Lived with Ghosts.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The author of the book The Boy Who Lived With Ghosts wrote a memoir about his young life. How he survived the torments of a family he didn't get the chance to choose himself. The situations he dealt with would've made anyone want to run and hide. He was a brave and intelligent young boy in his England family.

There were many trials and tribulations that he faced over the years. He was a such brave young lad to have faced the atrocities. Many people would've not tolerated them as well as he.

I rate this book 3 out of 5. The reason I gave this book the rating I gave it was because sometimes the thoughts felt like they were all over the place. However, I could understand that from a coming up story as this is, there would be multiple distractions. Thoughts and feelings have to be described the way they do from the perspective of the young boy. Children in general like to ramble from time to time. As he grew up, the speech reflected that he matured as his age definitely reflected.

This book felt like a sad indie story. There were some funny situations. Most topics in this book are definitely not for the faint of heart. When you read this book you'll definitely wish you could take the boy and just hold him in your arms and tell him everything will be ok.

The author John Mitchell is a very highly rated author. I applaud his work. Hope you become a fan as I did for him and this book.

View The Boy who Lived with Ghosts on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”