ARA Review by rnereida of The Message?

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rnereida
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by rnereida of The Message?

Post by rnereida »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Message?.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The message can entertain and make readers think beyond the story and feel somewhat confident that Hale accomplishes such a task within this book’s pages.
The story explains how Leah Warner, a mid-western widower with two children, placed him in a coma after a terrible car accident. After three weeks, a miracle occurs of being in a coma. He wakes up, but he is not sure where she is or her surroundings. She looks at her cuts and bruises on her body to understand what happened to her. Most of her cuts were healing, and the internal bleeding and pain were gone. Thanks to the proper care of her neurologist, there are no signs of discomfort or brain trauma. In the author’s message, he states, “If I get even one ‘hmmm’ out of you, I will have succeeded.” I did connect to those moments of “hmmm” in the story and my personal life.

In this case, Leah believes been able to heal her from her coma and from the pain she suffered. She truly believes God has brought her back to life and made her alive; Leah mentioned, “God loves everyone unconditionally, and wants everyone to set aside worldly possessions and achievement and love each other as well.” She never went to church or declared her affiliation to any religion. Still, due to her near-death experience, she can believe that God and He want us to unconditionally love each other. Which today, Leah knows it is tough to think in selfless love. The book shows and explains in every message a bit of history on philosophy and religion. And how we as a human should value more what we have, not allowing bad things to happen to start appreciating our lives.

Despite my summary of the story, this book was easy to read. It contains various exciting characters whose lives and roles allowed the reader to generate their plot and understand the main character is Leah Warner. Dr. Marcus was one of my favorite characters. He interpreted as a man who knew what he was doing as a doctor. Taking care of his patients, but also, he had a big heart and believed in God. Dr. Marcus seems like a hero in the story and places all the substantial element for the development to make sense. It is a lovely person who believes in God and makes us understand the unconditional love for the earth and being alive.

The review of the book is 4 out of 5, I can say this was a good book to read. Because of some typos and grammatical errors throughout the book, mostly in missing periods at the end of short quotations, these errors did not decrease the writing’s overall quality. They mostly did not take away from my enjoyment of the story. I recommend this book to readers who are looking for a book with deep meaning. Get ready to meet some interesting characters along the way.

View The Message? on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”