ARA Review by regina13 of Prophase

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
regina13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

ARA Review by regina13 of Prophase

Post by regina13 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Prophase.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Present Tale[/b]
[/i]Piper Walker, a senior high school student, has seen her share of tough times. At a young age, shortly after her brother Charlie was born, she lost her mother to breast cancer. Under the wrathful eye of an abusive and alcoholic father, raising her baby brother, she relies heavily on her small but close core of friends. Her best kindergarten pal, Lisa, and Chris, her lifelong boyfriend, are helping to keep her above water. Along with her neighbors, Ester, Piper 's elderly neighbor, and her Siamese lynx point

[/i]Piper still felt odd, long before her mom died. She was in front of her famous best friend, Lisa, and she didn't like to do what most other teenage girls wanted to do. She wasn't much for fixing up and felt it was dull to hang out. The muses of music and nature were her. Piper grew up next to a forest with endless trails, one leading to high school, the other to numerous seasonal wonders.

[/i]A menagerie of gleaming mythical characters, mystical and metallic, come to help Piper take her first steps in her new world and keep her safe. It is surrounded by the world of dazzling auras, emotions and endless colour, forming a language that she does not understand. She begins a long journey to explore and master her fantasy-defying powers and senses. Her new curriculum is riding gravity waves, casting spells, and jumping to exotic locations.

[/i]Among the Eden, however, lies a fatal threat. For decades, the magical world she is now part of has been suppressed and strangled by a tyrannical regime. The most brilliant Guardian, called Eli, has become the only voice, and his council, the Arbitri. Evolution has paused. Only Piper has the authority to bring change about.

[/i]Piper stumbles upon an unexplainable, first-time love that becomes the only thing she can hold to in her stormy and unexpected life, amid the unspeakable beauty, unknown danger, and the need to find out who she really is. She is taken by something beautifully surreal from the first time his voice dances on her ear drums.

[/i]Now, while trying to be the slightly nerdy teenager everybody knows, Piper must juggle her two worlds and mask her growing abilities and morphing appearance.
This tale captivates the imagination with the beauty of nature and the celebration of love , life, and light and one girl's strength.
4 out of 5 . it was a good book and has a great story that why i give 4 stars and the reason why i didnt give 5 is because some details were too long and tedious.

View Prophase on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”