ARA Review by britney sera of The Face of Fear

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
britney sera
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by britney sera of The Face of Fear

Post by britney sera »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Face of Fear.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Face of fear as a title gives you an entirely different level of anxiety and once you get to the good stuff, it's all so worth it.

Every step has you thinking... From the first date you already have theories and suspicions. The twist at the beginning of the text leaves you both shocked and attentive every step of the way. R. J. Torbert proved here that he has the entire concept of suspense mastered.

All in around seven days or more you get to not only solve a mystery of murders and get to the bottom of things, but also delve into the lives of the people in the area the text is set. There is no shallow brush of characters. Once someone is mentioned, then there will be a dive into some back story about them.

I have felt the anxiety of losing a daughter through the nerves of a father .The way trust in people wavers and everyone is a suspect with all that goes on, it's suddenly a depiction of a part of our everyday lives. Even an altered version of 'good cop bad cop' creates a complete 3D view of working with people.

I would confidently bring this book up when with family or friends. It was definitely worth my time. 4 out 5 for me. The text lacked, though absolutely captivating, the extremities that make it termed as horrific.

View The Face of Fear on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”