ARA Review by Myhorses3 of Prophase

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Myhorses3
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Myhorses3 of Prophase

Post by Myhorses3 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Prophase.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Praphase A Present Tale

Praphase contains character’s that are very real and yet unreal. It takes you to a place we only wish we could go. I loved the cat and the relationship it has not only the old lady, but the girl next door. The story leads you into a fun world with different types of beings.
I give this book a rating of "4 out of 5

I liked the book, but sometime would get caught up in the descriptions of the weather, trees, the moon, the sun and others. I would have to go back and reread the paragraph to remember the main theme at the time. But the descriptions were very vivid.

I liked the enter actions between the cat and the little girl who loved it so much. The feeling the cat gave to the girl was pure love, and was returned by the little girl. Her love for her brother was very obvious by the way she ignored his sometime demands on her. The daddy not so much, though she tried to be patient with him.

I liked the fact that her friends were true friends, and stood by her no matter what, even Chris. Her best friend was sometime it seemed in another world herself, being so self-involved. She gave them her loyalty and love. Even when she was pushed to her limits, she gave all she could.

I enjoyed the way she worked her daddy and at the same time was keeping piece in the family. He brother a little spoiled, she didn’t seem to care, she gave him all of the love and protection she could.

I think this is a good book for all of us to read. We can learn from her about compassion and trust. I don’t know what age this book is written for, but I think even younger kids would enjoy it. Sometime as we get older we forget how to dream, or use our imagination. This book brings us back to the place when we did look up at clouds and see animals and shapes we recognized.

The author, Michael Street, has a wonderful way of bringing all of the characters to life, so we can see them in our mind. I took flight with them into another realm of wonder and magic. I could feel the leap into another world. I could feel the fear when her life was in danger and the love and protection her mother gave to try to save her. Her many friends in this new life were very real to me. I could see what they looked like and the protection they were willing to give her even at the cost of their own lives.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading. We all need to find a place we can relate to when we need to get away for just a few hours. This book is that escape. To leave the present problems and worried behind and enter a world of make believe and wonder.

View Prophase on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”