ARA Review by Wako_girl of Nightlord: Sunset

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wako_girl
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Wako_girl of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by Wako_girl »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Nightlord: Sunset.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Nightlord: Sunset

Eric is your average joe. Doesn't drink a lot, loves his job as a teacher, rides a motorbike and enjoys his life. He also doesn't cope too well with change, so instead of standing and arguing the change he will go with the flow of it, this leads to a hilarious, yet terrifying, adventure. For every moment you expect his life to smooth out he is hit with something else, be that an unexpected romantic moment or a dragon. Thrust from his life into a whole new world of mythical creatures and dangerous priests Eric must judge the morality of his very existence, can he really kill to survive?

4 out of 5

This book was amazing, stressful, funny, terrifying and delightful. I honestly loved it! So, why didn't I give it a five? One repeated problem of very long descriptions, or Eric going off on a tangent in a moment of danger. As a reader it was frustrating and I would skip ahead a few paragraphs to see the outcome before reading the description/thought process behind. I didn't like doing that, caught in the moments, however, I had to know. Why not three? Because the book was brilliant. Let me tell you about it.

Eric is relatable, I'm not kidding, he is just like you or me, he is not some superhuman (well, not in that sense) he is average, a teacher, a man with feelings like ours. He can fall in love, he can hate, and best of all he can make stupid mistakes. I'm not kidding, I facepalmed more than once, each time it took him a while to realise his stupid.

The characters in the story are just as good, each has their own personality ad quirks. Bronze and Firebrand are two unique and delightful characters who I had the pleasure of getting to know. I tell you, next time I need a good book I'm buying book two just to spend more time with these two characters.

Let's talk about the writing style. Eric talks to us, yes, us, the reader, and he does it exceptionally well. It is like reading his journal, only as he has written his journal he's been showing off. Example; I faded into darkness. Okay, I rode off until they could see me no more, but it sounded cool. He does that constantly and it always made me smile.

The book is long, it takes you on one heck of a journey and is totally unpredictable. I read the book in a few days because I simply couldn't put it down. Something was always happening, every time I thought he had a break something else happened. Cooking dinner? I can read a few pages. Internet page loading? I can read another paragraph? Going to the toilet? Well, you get the idea. Whenever I had an opportunity I was reading again. Not enjoyed a book this much in a long time. Thank you, Garon Whited, for that epic adventure.

View Nightlord: Sunset on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”