ARA Review by readmybook+ of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
readmybook+
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by readmybook+ of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by readmybook+ »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

5 out of 5 stars

Carefully planned and beautifully executed work of fiction, The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci captivated me from the very first chapter. The center of the intrigue is a mysterious painting by Leonardo da Vinci. The author introduces the reader to an impressive cast of characters: Sophia Caro who works in the Gallery of Uffizi and Gerhard Jaeger, a German history professor; Fioretta, a stunningly beautiful girl and Guiliano Medici, the brother of the famous Da Vinci’s patron, Lorenzo Medici; Angela Renatus, an art intern in Getty Gallery, and Alex Caine, the former Navy Seals and now an investigator for the lost art, which has to be returned to their lawful owners. And of course, the most versatile talent of the Italian Renaissance. These characters are irrevocably bound to each other and to figure out how, one has to read this exceptional story, which is full of mystery and suspense, growing tension, twists, and turns. At some point, the painting disappears (I won’t give away any spoilers here).

The historical facts are seamlessly woven into this fictional tale, convincingly written in terms of historical background.

Weaving in and out of different timeframes with astounding fluidity, the narrative alternates between Italy and USA, taking the reader now to 1475, now to 1944, then 2018 through the first unexplainable, seesawing from the past to the present dreams, which overwhelm and exhaust Angela, complicating her everyday life. And she is one-on-one with these dreams until she meets Alex. As though it was not enough to make her life miserable, more complications arise, which materialize in Angela’s boss, the Getty Gallery director, Alberto Scordato, and his cousin, Enrico Fortuna. The collision is inevitable: all parties have their own motives to find the mysterious painting. Much is at stake. For some players, it’s their future wealth. For some—life.

I can’t help but compliment Belle Ami’s voice and style, which I have found perfect for the story like this. The narrative flows easily expressed in the elegant prose. The author draws scenes I will never forget.

Fiorella’s friendship with Leonardo da Vinci is pure and touching in its simplicity, adding a special charm to the tale.

The story is not without scenes of a beautiful and steaming romance between Angela and Alex. Read the book to find out how special they are.

The book will take you to the world of art guided by the author’s expertly picked up details. You’ll stroll with the main characters along Florence, Montefioralle, and Rome, enjoying beautiful descriptions of its sumptuous architecture. Can’t help but express my surprise by how knowingly the author interweaves into the narrative the professional terms. This increased the book’s appeal for me. After reading the book, I felt like I’ve been there at all the times and places captured.

A warning: Don’t read the book in case you are hungry! You’ll remember my words when you discover how lavishly the author describes her characters’ dining and Italian cuisine with its tastes and smells.

I highly recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction and mystery with a time-travel twist.

View The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”