ARA Review by Aaron D Key of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aaron D Key
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Aaron D Key of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Aaron D Key »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci.]
Book Cover
2 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

There are three couples all connected through the main character Angela's second sight. The first couple, gives the novel its name, as the female was apparently a friend of Leonardo de Vinci and a model and muse. This couple's wedding was also depicted in the lost Da Vinci painting for which the search occupies the mainn plot. All three couples – soppy as hell – are basically the same. But the third are the most annoying because they occupy most of the novel.

Totally divided by this book. I chose it to read as I was attracted by the idea of time travel with Leonardo de Vinci and the hint of a thriller. I should have read the reviews before I bought it but I am impulsive. Half way through the novel I finally looked at the Amazon reviews, totally bewildered by my own views of revulsion and lack of enjoyment. The only review on the amazon.co.uk site totally relieved my mind and provided some amusement. Is this a transatlantic chism?

The review mentioned that the second half of the novel descended into ‘Fifty Shades of Tripe ' territory. In the first half the two main characters had not yet had sex which was a relief considering the sickly sweet nature of their exchanges. It was like a young teenager's dream of a romance.

So forewarned with this knowledge I spent the second half of the novel skipping forward whenever any mention of throbbing took place and I was surprised to find that finishing the novel was not the huge ordeal I expected. I could see how the aforementioned review compared the story to Dan Brown (and that can not be a bad thing for an author wanting to sell) and also how the basic plot could be converted to quite a decent film – if the main characters could restrain themselves.

I feel bad about hating this book and I can imagine that there is an audience out there who will enjoy it. Still, the people who will not, should be warned. So I give this book 2 out of 5 stars. I can not give it any more because it made me feel physically sick (I feel bad about this and I'm sure it's a defect in my character) and yet I think there is an interesting idea lurking in its pages.

View The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”