Finding Jesus' bones?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Re: Finding Jesus' bones?

Post by briellejee »

Roxanne Thomas wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 21:27 I have to admit, I was caught off guard by the statement, especially being that this is the first time I have come across it. Maybe it has something to do with the truth about Jesus, who He really is and what His teachings are. Or maybe it's about His resurrection, and what actually happened.
I think it's all about the untarnished teachings of Jesus'. Since his teachings are being passed down by men through generations, it is indeed hard to find the untainted words or non-revised ones. I think that's what he meant by finding "Jesus' bones". :eusa-think:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

PGreen wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 12:05 Did the author achieve the goal of finding "Jesus' bones"? What do you think of this concept?
When Jesus told Richard to find His bones, he was referring to the core of His teachings. The core of Jesus' teachings is LOVE. Remember every miracle Jesus performed flowed from His love for the people. In fact, Jesus came down to earth because of love (John 3:16). I think Richard achieved that goal because whenever he felt a dark presence, he just began to release love into the atmosphere. Love repels evil. Love saved Richard from being suicidal. God is love.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
vishu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by vishu »

For someone propagating about being in the light of one entity, the author's stand regarding finding Jesus's bones seems a little out of context to me.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

I think that the core teaching of Jesus was to love one another. To have a love unconditionally with discipline. Haight's spiritual journey to find Jesus' bones was to extend that isness of peace and love to as many as possible. To teach and to be a part of that foundation. I feel that the path he chose is close to that main principle , let me add I have yet to finish the book , but I believe he is trying to express that path.
Stellae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stellae.html
Latest Review: Third Chances by Dan Petrosini

Post by Stellae »

Ekta Kumari wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 16:08 I think it was mainly used as a metaphor signifying that the author was chosen to find the authentic meaning behind Jesus's teachings and then propagating it to others.
It could also be a metaphor for the fundamental aspects of Christian teachings. Suggesting he is on a quest to revive the most basic aspects of Jesus's teachings unclouded by other influences
chiefsimplex
Currently Reading: A Second, Less Capable Head
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiefsimplex.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by chiefsimplex »

As i was reading the review i hoped so much that the statement would bear some metaphoric significance.Like the author realising his purpose and duty to humanity in line with Jesus Christ's design ,however this seems not to go down well with some contradictory remarks made by the author on the unreliability of some biblical texts.It therefore seems like in this perspective, the premise of the author's beliefs and teachings need clarification.
“So many books, so little time.”
― Frank Zappa
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

To a large extent, the author of the book did achieve his goal of finding Jesus' bones. He proves his worth as a spiritual seeker by writing the book. Such seekers are blessed with the quality of expression. The descriptions of his experiences in the spiritual journey are the new information of the spiritual world for the readers that add significantly to their confidence and inspiration. I would have never known such facts while they existed in the world! The description of his 'vision quest' which was a deliberate search of truth by an organized group of people confirms my faith in him.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thokchom-alice.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Alice Thokchom »

This is metaphorical and I find it difficult to extract the exact meaning of it.
A joke is to entertain people. If it fails to do so, it's something else!
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The term was not to be taken literally indeed. The author completes the book by stating very clearly that the core and the essence of the teaching of Jesus and other religious figures was 'Unconditioned Love'.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
ChydeanmahE95
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chydeanmahe95.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by ChydeanmahE95 »

I think there's a whole different meaning to it.
The faintest pen is sharper than the mightiest sword.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

Stellae wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 01:44
Ekta Kumari wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 16:08 I think it was mainly used as a metaphor signifying that the author was chosen to find the authentic meaning behind Jesus's teachings and then propagating it to others.
It could also be a metaphor for the fundamental aspects of Christian teachings. Suggesting he is on a quest to revive the most basic aspects of Jesus's teachings unclouded by other influences
Bukari wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 15:51 I think the bones of Jesus is the legacy or the doctrines left by Christ, which need to be unearthed and activated to help gain more souls. So, to be concise, the author's main aim or work is to propagate the word of God.
this seems very close to home, bones are the chassis of a human body, without them, we wouldn't stand upright.
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

ChydeanmahE95 wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 10:18 I think there's a whole different meaning to it.
This is true and it is confirmed at the end of the book when the author revealed what the essence of the teaching was. In fact these 'bones' apply to many other teachings as revealed.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Disneyland wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 18:14 To a large extent, the author of the book did achieve his goal of finding Jesus' bones. He proves his worth as a spiritual seeker by writing the book. Such seekers are blessed with the quality of expression. The descriptions of his experiences in the spiritual journey are the new information of the spiritual world for the readers that add significantly to their confidence and inspiration. I would have never known such facts while they existed in the world! The description of his 'vision quest' which was a deliberate search of truth by an organized group of people confirms my faith in him.
His journey indeed is one full of inspiration and it shows what a person who is determined and enthusiastic about something can do in order to achieve that very thing or goal. The ideas in the book are fantastic.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Firstly, what makes him sure of the personality he saw in his vision? Secondly, all of his visions are personal and were aimed at impacting him with insights and knowledge he couldn't get otherwise. The bottom line, it's all man's word and his interpretation.
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It may have taken a turn of events that I could never have foreseen but eventually the goal was reached and I know that many of those who read open-minded may also have begun their own quests.
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”