Overall rating and opinion of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
Sarah Penney
Favorite Author: Tom Clancy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-penney.html
Latest Review: The Immigrant's Lament by Mois benarroch
fav_author_id: 7289

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight

Post by Sarah Penney »

I’d give it 3 out of 4. While I liked some of the ideas expressed and the humor, I felt some of the overarching ideas could have a little more detail/explanation. Save that though, I enjoyed it.
"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." -Abraham Lincoln
Kimberly Grow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberly-grow.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Kimberly Grow »

I chose this book to review because I am an eternal student. I was curious about the author's philosophy regarding spiritual transformation and how it compares and contrasts with what I have already learned. I found it to be a good book and while I don't necessarily believe in this transformation, obtaining the knowledge within was the most important thing to me and the book did that well. I gave it 4 out of 4 stars in my review. The book was well edited and I enjoyed it.
"If you don't see the book you want on the shelf, write it." -Beverly Cleary :techie-studyingbrown:
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

What I liked least in the book was the part where the author takes some concoction in the Amazon. He seems to encourage others to use it but not to depend on it. The problem is that a habit formed is usually difficult to stop.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Psycoman1960
Currently Reading: The Last Assassination
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by Psycoman1960 »

I Liked it because we all have had to step back and see what reason we have of existing and what our purpose is in life. As Richard, I think we all have tried different things to see what we are suited for. It seems that it takes time to find the answers as Richard did. But the thing is that we come to realize the answers we are searching for. No matter what they are, I know that God has always been in control.
Good book. Very in lighting.
Smiley 25
Currently Reading: Individual Advantages
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smiley-25.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Smiley 25 »

Kimberly Grow wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 14:02 I chose this book to review because I am an eternal student. I was curious about the author's philosophy regarding spiritual transformation and how it compares and contrasts with what I have already learned. I found it to be a good book and while I don't necessarily believe in this transformation, obtaining the knowledge within was the most important thing to me and the book did that well. I gave it 4 out of 4 stars in my review. The book was well edited and I enjoyed it.
I love this........"I am an eternal student". I am the same way. I enjoy learning anything and everything I can. I especially love when someone like Richard L. Haight comes along and has a different perspective on things. I've learned over the years that I don't necessarily have to agree with everything the teacher is saying to learn from it. I take what resonates with me and leave what doesn't.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

I think we could all use a little spiritual help in our lives and we could all definitely use a lot of humor in our lives, making this book the perfect combination 😊
Galesphere
Currently Reading: the moonstone
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-galesphere.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Galesphere »

sylviab98 wrote: 19 Mar 2019, 09:09 It's really not my genre, so I can't say that I absolutely enjoyed it. The humor made the book definitely better and the overall message to think about your own life and to evolve is nice.
Totally agree. It's not my cup of tea, either. I find his path to spiritual enlightenment a bit corny and contrived. I don't know if it's just me, but I find books like this really...golly, how do I put this...unrealistic? I can't say I'd take anything away from this book to use in my own life.

I don't know, I think I'm too cynical. Haha.
"The main object of religion is not to get a man into heaven, but to get heaven into him."
-Thomas Hardy
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

I registered for the audio training program offered by the author. I found it quite good.
Ana Megrelishvili
Favorite Book: Don Quixote
Currently Reading: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-megrelishvili.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Ana Megrelishvili »

I think it started out great. It seemed like exactly what I thought it would be. A book full of wisdom, calmness, truth, search for answers on philosophical questions and etc. But after 100 pages or so, I got disappointed and got sarcastic. Why? Because the author suddenly started talking about "energy fields" and that he has some sort of magical control over them. I'm down to earth person and I do not believe in such things. The book was not for me and I don't think that anyone who has a realistic approach to life will enjoy it.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because it compelled me into thinking about my own life and it's direction. Also, the book is full of thought-provoking events which makes the book interesting.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Kashosi
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kashosi.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Kashosi »

Going through some of the critics i can tell the book is very interesting.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

I am doing the audio course offered by Richard Haight and everyday I receive new insights.
Dusamae
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dusamae.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Dusamae »

My rating for this book was 3 out of 4 stars. I did not like the first ten chapters, but I think that was just me. I don't care for autobiographies and that is what the first part of the book seemed to be. I did like his excitement in wanting to share his knowledge with everyone.
Smiley 25
Currently Reading: Individual Advantages
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smiley-25.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Smiley 25 »

Renu G wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 12:37 I registered for the audio training program offered by the author. I found it quite good.
I wondered about the audio training. It's on my to-do list to sign up for it. I only want to do it when I can dedicate the time to learning from the teachings.
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

I definitely enjoyed the fact that there were several different beliefs potrayed in the book but I didn't necessarily like that they were mixed together. I would give it a 2/4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”