How the people around us help or hinder our spiritual journey and our responses.

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: How the people around us help or hinder our spiritual journey and our responses.

Post by Sanju Lali »

We think spirituality is the utmost truth and therefore we whole heatedly believe it, even if there is some hint of lie in it one's belief definitely shatters. Hence, allowing someone to lie to us hinders our own spiritual journey
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Happilil1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-happilil1.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Happilil1 »

im new here. i believe our perception and maturity level and choices we make in how to look at something or someone makes a difference. i choose myself how i see something based on my beliefs and experiences. im not responsible for what other people do. im responsible for my response to them.
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

abbiejoice wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 21:59 I think we do get influenced by the behavior of the people around us. In the end, however, it is up to us to decide how we let others affect our search for truth.
I agree with Abbie. Life surrounds us by people who can affect our judgment or belief, but definitely, it is up to us, to use the gift of free-will and change the course of allowing the influenceable effect to minimize our intuition.
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Lungz_
Favorite Book: 50 Shades of Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lungz.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Lungz_ »

I do believe in the type of energy individuals give off. We are hugely unaware of how greatly we are influenced and affected spiritually until we start becoming conscious of this phenomenon. Whatever situation that causes you to be secretive or lie has a certain hinderment to your experience.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

I felt terrible for Richard because he took a spiral after someone lied to him, however I believe that was due to allowing the man to get away with something that was "just a little illegal and immoral," and then finding out things were a lot worse. Sometimes I think that people believe that if someone is only doing "one thing wrong " that somehow, that doesn't lead to other areas of their lives. Here's a big one, "but that doesn't affect our relationship!!!!" So yes, I still definitely say that spiritually and emotionally, this is a huge hinderance.
Yes, I also agree that spirit is pure and it is indeed difficult to find even a moment of that purity.
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
DogoMulla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dogomulla.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by DogoMulla »

Honestly it's a crazy world we live in. People nowadays almost need to be lied to. Honesty is labelled as rudeness and being out-dated. Religion is eroded. Let's just say it's complicated.
xtine280801_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by xtine280801_ »

We really cannot deny that we lose or gain the will to know and have what we want based on how people around us say. I believe that it is important to be surrounded by people who will never hesitate to remind and tell us that it's okay to follow what we want as long as we do not sacrifice believing in a lot of good things. Still, it's up to us whether we decide to do or not to do a lot of things. The people around us may either bring us down or guide us towards the path that we want and motivate us to do good in any circumstance we face.
Hayley2-0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hayley2-0.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Hayley2-0 »

I don't think we allow others to lie to us. I think we just trust people enough to not see through their lies and being lied to only hinders us if we let it. And yes I think his parents hindered his dreams.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

Someone lieing to you is not the issue.You believing the lie is the real issue.Yes, a lie can limit one's spiritual journey. I think the author had to come to terms with this aspect.
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

DogoMulla wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 15:15 Honestly it's a crazy world we live in. People nowadays almost need to be lied to. Honesty is labelled as rudeness and being out-dated. Religion is eroded. Let's just say it's complicated.
Well-said, DogoMulla! People have a hard time to receive honest information. We are surrounded by lies that we find it difficult to recognise honesty. And even if we feel it, our mind still has a question mark. First, trust needs to be earned these days and only after, the honesty has a chance to make its magic.
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
jessemac
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessemac.html
Latest Review: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound by Richard L Haight

Post by jessemac »

If someone lies to you and you prioritize their lie over your own knowledge of the truth by going along with their lie, I think that does undermine your ability to trust yourself which could certainly weaken your spiritual awareness.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

Looking deep we do indeed feel disappointed in ourselves if we believe a lie? Or should I say allow ourselves to believe a lie. Some people in this world want you to allow the lies so you can watch them walk all over someone else.our spirits, minds and hearts are meant for love and peace and life can definitely be so crazy that we lose sight of our journey when we are with someone else.
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
Sharon2056
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon2056.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Sharon2056 »

I don't think that lying to him affected his spiritual beliefs. His father's response was important to make him think deeper.
Wilkister94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilkister94.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Wilkister94 »

It's so obvious that people around us affect us positively or negatively. Some help us grow into better people and others hinder us from growing.
abithacker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abithacker.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by abithacker »

I think that the loss of trust of self can be a hinderance in the search of truth. Any kind of spiritual discovery will be met with scrutiny if you can't trust yourself and your own ability to discern truth and lies.
"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think" ~Albert Einstein

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”