Book cover discussion

Use this forum to discuss the February 2019 Book of the month, "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Re: Book cover discussion

Post by Areej Tahir »

The_book_of_t wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 20:13 Personally, I find the cover slightly perplexing and messy. I know you shouldn’t judge a book by the cover, but, ultimately it’s common for a reader to be drawn to aestheticly pleasing covers.
exactly! Covers play a very important role in the book and i feel everything, the book cover the title should be connected to the story.
Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Felicity Granger »

After reading the book, you do see what relevance the pyramids hold, though it was minute, to be honest. I do agree, however, that the cover could use some work. It's rather bland, and doesn't necessarily invite readers to pick it up. That being said, one shouldn't judge a book by its cover - it's a very interesting read and if not for its disappointing cover it would have nothing to detract from its overall appeal.
Liana Mayhew
Favorite Book: The Orb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liana-mayhew.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Liana Mayhew »

I am yet to read this book, I have it on my want-to-read shelf. From the reviews I've read, I can only guess that you would have to read the full book before the cover makes sense. I must say that the cover did confuse me and didn't draw me in, it was the title that attracted me at first. Hopefully, the story will clear up the cover issue.

Return to “Discuss "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater”